Author Topic: Modded Music  (Read 3337 times)

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger
Modded Music
« on: December 06, 2017, 09:49:09 am »
Was there ever a discussion of how you could mod music into the game? I remember Chris talking about how there was going to be some elaborate process, but I don't know that it was ever described.

On a related note, how's the soundtrack coming? Is it close?

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Modded Music
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 09:56:48 am »
IIRC things are set up so that it's not so elaborate as I had thought it might be, but I need to go back and check.  As to the soundtrack progress, I haven't talked to Pablo in a while as he's been undergoing some positive life changing family events as well as workload from a number of clients to make ends meet, and I didn't feel like my stuff was pressing enough in the short term to stress him out more.  He's really conscientious and not someone I need to keep on top of anyway, and he knows the new schedule, so it's a bit of a balancing act I think for him.  The delays to the project have really been harmful to him from a financial stability perspective in a way that he's had to compensate for (Keith and I also, but at least we're involved in the part that caused the delays, versus it's completely out of the control of Pablo).

Anyhow, short answer is that it's coming along and I don't have any concerns about it not being ready for launch.  If it's earlier than launch I'll be pleasantly surprised, but we'll just see what happens.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 10:01:48 am »
And when you get the chance, instructions for how to add music to the game would be appreciated!

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 10:29:35 am »
Ping me in mid-January on this particular one, if you will. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk