Author Topic: SpaceGameJunkie takes on AI War  (Read 1415 times)

Offline doctorfrog

SpaceGameJunkie takes on AI War
« on: May 04, 2015, 11:54:42 pm »
There's no blog entry yet, but there is a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE73qVno5pY

http://www.spacegamejunkie.com/ is the place, and for some reason, he's playing AI War through the month of May. Not sure how many hours he plans on spending with the game (he plays a LOT of games and doesn't have the time to dedicate to all of them equally), but it might be a good idea to shoot him some beginner advice before he jumps into his first game--and finds himself completely overwhelmed.

It might even be a good idea to schedule a co-op or "helper" session with the guy, so he doesn't flail around too much and gets off to a good start. Most of the games he plays don't allow much cooperation, so he might not be aware of this option in AI War, and it could potentially show off a side of AI War some folks aren't aware of.

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Neinzul Gardener Enclave
Re: SpaceGameJunkie takes on AI War
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 07:28:38 am »
Letting him learn it the hard way could be entertaining to watch! >D

(Sorry, yeah, you're right, help him. I was just kidding.)
Please excuse my english: I'm not a native speaker. Don't hesitate to correct me.

Offline Radiant Phoenix

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 03:49:20 pm »
Well, he says he's played before and is doing the tutorials to re-familiarize himself with the game.

That said, my number-one tip: "P" = Pause. Use it a lot, because every send you spend unpaused and idle is an extra second the AI gets to spend working on paving the galaxy with carriers full of Mk-V ships.

... come to think of it, why does AI War start unpaused?

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 04:45:15 pm »
Am I the only one that uses Space as pause button? I find this a lot more comfortable in gaming. The space button is in the center of the keyboard, it's larger than any other button and is easy to reach with your thumbs regardless on how you place your fingers on the board.
It helps me to pause the game more often and a lot faster than with the P button that I have to search first.

Offline Chris_Stalis

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 05:01:59 pm »
Am I the only one that uses Space as pause button? I find this a lot more comfortable in gaming. The space button is in the center of the keyboard, it's larger than any other button and is easy to reach with your thumbs regardless on how you place your fingers on the board.
It helps me to pause the game more often and a lot faster than with the P button that I have to search first.

Are you mad? Spacebar is for "holy fiddlesticks, i just got back from the bar, where in space is my command center?" :P

My advice is that he plays it on 10/10 for the first game and then scales back to 7/7. The commentary will be hilarious :D

Offline Red.Queen

• Full Member Mark II
  • Mad Hacker
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2015, 05:23:11 pm »

Nope.  Spacebar has been the correct key for pause since the dawn of computing.  I'm pretty sure if you decompiled the Universe you'd find that in the cosmic code. ;)
Infiltrating hostile AI networks to rewrite reality.

[[Hacks available from this unit found on the AI War Modding subforum.]]

Offline kasnavada

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2015, 06:07:27 am »
Spacebar has always been the "jump" key for me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk