Author Topic: Question about AIPerGuardPostShipCap  (Read 708 times)

Offline Invelios

• Jr. Member Mark III
Question about AIPerGuardPostShipCap
« on: February 03, 2011, 08:17:04 pm »
In one of your release notes you said you changed the AIPerGuardPostShipCap of Spire Blade Spawners from 4 to 2, but in my current game there are usually 3 or 4 per guard post. Is AIPerGuardPostShipCap a permanent cap per guard post, or just a cap per guard post for each reinforcement?  If it's supposed to be a overall cap per guard post, then we might have a little bug here.

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw this was fixed for next version. Sorry for not checking that first.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 08:19:00 pm by Invelios »

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
Re: Question about AIPerGuardPostShipCap
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 08:18:22 pm »
There is a little bug.

From the 5.001 release notes:
Fixed a relatively longstanding bug where AIPerPlanetShipCap and AIPerGuardPostShipCap were generally not being enforced when loading a game (either just-starting or loading later).

This may have been what you were hitting.

Offline Invelios

• Jr. Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 12:12:50 am »
Will existing saves have the ships brought down back to the caps they are supposed to have? Because if not, I might have to give up this game and start a new one... I'm surrounded by Mrk III and IV worlds, most of which have 25+ blade spawners on them, so I can't even get a transport to last 2 seconds in any of them, and my fleets are obliterated in seconds, since I only have Mrk I/II ships right now. I'm kind of stuck...

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 09:20:03 am »
The only part that I fixed was the pruning that happens when loading a game (which includes the first time it is "loaded" after being generated from the lobby).

So yes, it will cut down existing populations as they're loaded.

I'm still not sure if the during-the-game "don't let the population get bigger than it should" code is working right, I had limited time for AIW searching/testing.  But this should help with one of the bigger issues.  In my testing there was a MkIV world with 64 Spire Maws.  After the fix, down to 11 (at different guard posts).
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk