Author Topic: Prerelease 3.181 (New CoN features, AI Ship Counts Down, 45 New Guard Posts)  (Read 25629 times)

Offline Ozymandiaz

• Hero Member Mark II
  • King of kings
Right when I find a use for Raid starships to nija guard posts, my tactic becomes obsolete :)

still, look pretty dman interesting,looking forward to test it tonight!
We are the architects of our own existence

Offline Dragon

• Full Member Mark III
And no offense, but i don't really get a lot of "texture" in my battles. I just roll in with my mega fleet, set speed to +1 (if my computer can run that fast :P) and either:
 * take out a target
 * stomp on everything on the planet,
 * or run after getting my fleet sawed in half with a giant chainsaw

Not having played with the no guard posts, I don't know if your comment was about them, or just playing in general.  That being said, I kind of agree with you about there not being much texture to how I play either.  I tend to knock out a planet with raid starships, pwn all the ships that poor through the gate into my fleet, then jump in with transports and blow everything remaining into the stone age.  Rinse and repeat for the next planet.  For harder planets, sending in a transport with builders and engineers (if I have supply) and building a fort or two helps.  That is... mostly it, as far as offense goes.

Thanks to the new change of golems, and how I don't tend to attack planets that still have much firepower on them, I'm finding the golems even less useful then I did back when they caused AI Progress, but could be used anywhere.  *Shrug*

All that being said, I still think it's an awesome game, and even with the "lack of texture" comment I made, it still has a lot more texture then most games on the market.

Offline KingIsaacLinksr

• Master Member
  • A Paladin Without A Crusade...
Wow...this is insane.  But I agree, this is more like Ai War 2.0 than anything else.  I definitely like the removal of grindiness, makes the game much more involved and alive.  Will have to have a game before I make real official criticism.  Glad you fixed that Viral Swarmer issue, my computer loves you for it. 

Golem change is interesting, but I think this does finally fix the issue with deploying them. 

Can't wait to play this omgwtfpwnbbq patch.  :D

King
Casual reviewer with a sense of justice.
Visit the Arcen Mantis to help: https://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/
A Paladin's Blog. Long form videogame reviews focusing on mechanics and narrative analyzing. Plus other stuff. www.kingisaaclinksr.com

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
Holy smokes that's a lot of change!  :o
Most of it for the better, as far as I can tell! Sweet! And a big, whooping, YAAAAAAAY at the death of permamines. I hated those and not for the "they're annoying" reason. This will definately be interesting to fire up.
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

Offline Giegue

• Sr. Member Mark II
 aw... you jerks. I was about to go to sleep, cuz it's 1:44 am here, when I saw this, and now I don't wanna sleep anymore. I just wanna play AI war now...

nice update. glad to see you finally got the minor faction bugs fixed.

Offline mlaskus

Wow, you just keep releasing those enormous patches every other day and every one is better than the previous one. You guys are impressive.

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
Just one question btw...you said that posts where changed and used in stead of the old ones. Does that mean that the wormhole guardposts are GONE? As in...not used anymore at all / in game? Also, the new guard posts fill the same function of acting as reinforcement positions, right? So blowing them up hampers reinforcements?
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

Offline Ozymandiaz

• Hero Member Mark II
  • King of kings
Just one question btw...you said that posts where changed and used in stead of the old ones. Does that mean that the wormhole guardposts are GONE? As in...not used anymore at all / in game? Also, the new guard posts fill the same function of acting as reinforcement positions, right? So blowing them up hampers reinforcements?

afaik, yes. But they are more powerful now.

Offline superking

• Hero Member Mark III
zomfgwtf

Offline superking

• Hero Member Mark III
can we get hybrid hives showing up in the little planet summary (ie, a little picture of it, I think the threat level merits it) and not have the modules/turrets of hybirds not showing up in the planet summary? Can we also get hybrid factorys/drone factorys etc showing up in the planetary summary?

tigers dont work very well with neinzul regen chambers atm, they are often too slow to get back to it in time when on below 30% HP- perhaps make these types return at higher hp, or have longer life?. it would also be good if all neinzul types returned to the regen chamber when on less than 30% health regardless of orders so they could be used in active FRD defence and not self pwn. the regen chamber needs a rally point (that can be FRD) imo (and likewise, carriers need rally points seperate from their own move orders)

@sniper turrets: I consider them underpowed and quite unless as the AI uses them. now if the AI was changed to use sniper turrets in big groups like it does with spiders (but BIGGER), it might be a different matter...

wow at mega release though... when you release an all inclusive pack with AI war + zenith + neinzul I am going to make everyone I know with a computer buy it  ;D
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 06:51:49 am by superking »

Offline fbgbt

• Newbie Mark II
Just popping in to say that the recent patches have been awesome. Thanks!

Offline carlosjuero

• Full Member Mark III
As much as I love how you update I have to say y'all keep throwing monkey wrenches in my plans for galaxy domination :/ [:)]

On a side note, I am a little sad. 3.181 semi-broke my epic game (over 25 hours of play) - the last time I saved the Threat Level was at ~650. I just loaded it up and it started climbing... when I took a screenshot and exited it had hit 2,615 and was still climbing [screeny attached]. I assume this has to do with the revised ship cap "freeing" ships that shouldn't have been freed normally - I might try playing it and see what happens still.

Offline Ozymandiaz

• Hero Member Mark II
  • King of kings
As much as I love how you update I have to say y'all keep throwing monkey wrenches in my plans for galaxy domination :/ [:)]

On a side note, I am a little sad. 3.181 semi-broke my epic game (over 25 hours of play) - the last time I saved the Threat Level was at ~650. I just loaded it up and it started climbing... when I took a screenshot and exited it had hit 2,615 and was still climbing [screeny attached]. I assume this has to do with the revised ship cap "freeing" ships that shouldn't have been freed normally - I might try playing it and see what happens still.

Consider it a sudden CPA ;)

Offline carlosjuero

• Full Member Mark III
A side affect, by the way, of the crazy threat changing is that every jump in threat stalls the game [as in it hiccups and becomes unresponsive for a few seconds].

Also, a planet that had 1 AI Raid Starship and 1 AI Dreadnought before the update now has ~3 Raid Starships and 2 Dreadnoughts.

Loaded it up to see how the AI threat would climb - at 4,050 and still rising

Edit: Another side effect - MK IV ships have been released into attacks on my systems now. Many of them are appearing at wormholes of systems I have yet to aggravate.

Offline carlosjuero

• Full Member Mark III
:( I lasted 10 minutes. 25 hours of game play gone in 10 minutes.

The game released Core ships along with MK IV ships - my defenses didn't stand a chance and the AI just mowed through system after system until it finally reached my home system. No matter how many I killed the threat level combined with attacks  underway would stay over 4,000. I could hold off waves huge waves, but this was just too much (and too high MK level) for me to handle. It didn't help that the AI went right after my power generators and put me at negative energy - making all of my protection force fields die.

I am a bit perturbed that I can no longer see that game to a conclusion based on my decisions in it - the radical changes to the game completely broke it [the save, not the game itself - not attacking y'all X, just being factual]. *sigh* guess I just have to try and start a new game and see if I can make it as epic in scope, though I have a feeling that the game changes have already outpaced my meager skills.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk