Author Topic: Prerelease 3.181 (New CoN features, AI Ship Counts Down, 45 New Guard Posts)  (Read 25631 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Thanks, Vinraith. :)

zebramatt, regarding the turret trains, that's a good idea and I've put in something to make them a bit lower of a priority.  But, if ships are already latched on and firing on it, it may still be 5-10 seconds before they decide to shoot at something else, so we'll see what this really does.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
Yea, the difficulty with autotargeting any train is that in the turret's logic a "ship on my planet" always takes priority over "ship not on my planet" (or, in the case of an incoming Wave, "ship that doesn't even exist yet"), so it's quite possible for a train to come wandering in 3 or 4 seconds before a wave and when the wave comes in all your snipers and lightning turrets are reloading.  Personally I preferred the no-auto-target-trains approach ;)  But there are good reasons for wanting them to wear down the turret trains without human intervention, so it's tricky.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
In the case of the turret trains, they are a short-lived bother in any case, as they do die.  And I kind of like the fact that they are a bit more disruptive right when they are first around, it makes them more distinct.  But, yeah. ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline zebramatt

• Master Member Mark II
Thanks, Vinraith. :)

zebramatt, regarding the turret trains, that's a good idea and I've put in something to make them a bit lower of a priority.  But, if ships are already latched on and firing on it, it may still be 5-10 seconds before they decide to shoot at something else, so we'll see what this really does.

Good enough for me!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
Cool. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk