Author Topic: go afk  (Read 1575 times)

rubikscube

go afk
« on: January 31, 2010, 08:24:25 pm »
what will happen if you go afk besides, ai reinforcing, ai progress goes up a little, and the raids

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: go afk
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 11:30:05 pm »
Well, everything that would normally happen. The ai does cpas every so often, and other special events crop up if you are using minor factions, and the si special forces units wi grow in number and attack you more regularly eventually. Ai planets will fill up with ships if you wait long enough, and then those ships will start upgrading and condensing. The ai progress would creep slowly up.

If you left for a week and came back, all the planets would be filled with 4000+ mark v ships, the ai progress would be huge, and you would be long-dead with a certainty. Leave it for a few minutes or hours, and the effect is less severe. If you have properly automated your repairs and defenses and are in a really good position, you mightrven maintain all your planets over a period of a few hours. But, you would have accomplished nothing while the ai would be vastly more entrenched, so it would just be setting yourself up for more pain later at best. And if the ai waves managed to breach you defenses at any point, oddsare that they could unbalance your whole defense patter. And take you out of the game in those few hours alone. Most poaiiojs require human intelligence to defend, not just auotmation.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline JgzMan

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 11:45:24 pm »
4000 ships a planet? Thought it capped out at 250 ships per command center and guard post. Am I missing a trick?

Offline carlosjuero

• Full Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 12:33:12 am »
4000 ships a planet? Thought it capped out at 250 ships per command center and guard post. Am I missing a trick?
AI players aren't held back by the same limits human players are, its part of the strategy

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 09:44:35 am »

That is correct, but that is per ai player and also includes the wormhole guard posts and special forces guard posts. That means that if there are 3 wormholes, there only has to be four other guard posts for the ai to hit that ultimate cap of 4000. So that is what tends to happen on most planets. Usually the lower caps you are thinking of don't really have a chance to come into effect unless you neuter a given planet.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline RCIX

• Core Member Mark II
  • Avatar credit goes to Spookypatrol on League forum
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 06:26:05 pm »

That is correct, but that is per ai player and also includes the wormhole guard posts and special forces guard posts. That means that if there are 3 wormholes, there only has to be four other guard posts for the ai to hit that ultimate cap of 4000. So that is what tends to happen on most planets. Usually the lower caps you are thinking of don't really have a chance to come into effect unless you neuter a given planet.

There must have been a bug in this at some point because i remember seeing over 800 ships at one command station in a game i had a long time ago.
Avid League player and apparently back from the dead!

If we weren't going for your money, you wouldn't have gotten as much value for it!

Oh, wait... *causation loop detonates*

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 07:03:50 pm »

There must have been a bug in this at some point because i remember seeing over 800 ships at one command station in a game i had a long time ago.

They might all be clustered around the command station, they aren't neccessarily distributed evenly around the planet.  But from the command station and any wormholes, having 800 ships at the command station alone would fit within the planet pop cap.  The pop caps are calculated based on the number of command stations, guard posts, etc, but are actually per-planet.  So you might have 100 guys at one guard post or wormhole, and 800 guys at the command station, or similar.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk