Author Topic: My AAR & FIRST WIN  (Read 1714 times)

Offline jadedamion

• Newbie Mark III
My AAR & FIRST WIN
« on: June 10, 2013, 08:39:33 am »
so i got my first win EVER today was so FREAKING HAPPY!?!?!?!

game setup
all expansions enabled
complex ship type
120 galaxy map default layout

AI
AI random 7
zenith traders

Starting
Two homeworlds (not linked)
normal mode with champ
no auto ai progress (does that make me a pussy?)

started first by rushing out my T2 ships and getting my army on the move right away taking over all the surrounding plannets between my two homeworlds. i took a good look at my map and noticed that there was two choke points that would lock off 18 worlds for my empire so i blitzed them. then turtle time.. slowly cleared out all worlds on a area about 1/3 of the map giveing me a great set of choke points 4 to be exact. i moved all my turrets from my two chokes and redeployed to my new 4 coke defence giveing me a wooping 45 worlds worth of resoreses not to mention 4 or 5 mark V ship fabs and a mark 4 factory. back to turtle as i clear out the univers anyways was really really happy i have beeb slaming my head against this game ever sense beta with NO wins

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: My AAR & FIRST WIN
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 09:41:52 am »
Congratulations!  First wins are always great :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Kahuna

• Core Member
  • Kahuna Matata!
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 04:36:35 pm »
Grats! No matter what difficulty or how many times you have seen it.. it's always good to see the "YOU WIN!". And first win vs 7 difficulty is good too.

And no^^ no auto AIP is ok. I bet a lot of people play like that. I mean this is a war against AI.. not time. So I like to take my time and focus on BIG strategy rather than trying to do everything as fast as possible. If I want a button smack face desk tard fest I'd play Starcraft (which is more about tactics than strategy anyway).
set /A diff=10
if %diff%==max (
   set /A me=:)
) else (
   set /A me=SadPanda
)
echo Check out my AI War strategy guide and find your inner Super Cat!
echo 2592 hours of AI War and counting!
echo Kahuna matata!

Offline LaughingThesaurus

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 04:54:57 pm »
I keep auto AIP on 1 every 30 minutes just to keep me honest. Barely has too much of an impact, unless I just dally around doing nothing.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 04:59:24 pm »
No AIP over time enables a degree of cheese (time becomes free, and thus metal+crystal become free, if you're patient enough), but ultimately isn't much of a problem nowadays.  The CPAs will generally come for you eventually if you're just playing one planet at 20 hours, etc.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk