Author Topic: Some Simple Suggestions  (Read 1092 times)

Offline Psyren

• Newbie Mark III
Some Simple Suggestions
« on: July 05, 2012, 11:45:06 am »
Hi. Given how different things have become (stuff being harder to come by in general, and the need for Farms in the future), I was wondering if we could possibly get a small increase in Shards collected?

By small I mean like a +2 gain from creature shard drops, and possibly a x2 increase in loot Shards?

Oh, and another suggestion is the possibility of ensuring that there is at least 1 enchantment container in stash rooms?
I'm probably typing this on my phone. Sorry if it seems short or disjointed :(

Offline BenMiff

• Map Maker Mk V
  • Jr. Member Mark II
Re: Some Simple Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 12:07:40 pm »
Given that a lot of the scrolls and so on in the shop are intended more as "release valves" for when the RNG is being less than friendly, the fact they cost a lot (in terms of time-to-obtain) is intentional.

I'd argue the problem is more that there has been a massive amount of stuff added, and the game's drop rates (both for scrolls and for stash items) haven't been rebalanced yet; I'd argue it should be done before 1.2, but I can understand doing the mechanical additions before the fine tuning. Stash items is more a case of just adding more items per room (maybe halving the number of enchant canisters but making each canister give doubled progress), but for me the big aggravation at the moment is finding guardian scrolls since they seem to be disproportionately the "main 7" profession buildings (likely a holdover from the previous "always provide a professional building if the player doesn't have them all"); I'd suggest making it so once you have a specific building it goes to having the same chance of appearing as a reward as all the other scrolls, since extra ones still provide some benefit now. As for farms, since they are a "necessary" building (rather than a nice bonus) I'd suggest increasing the chances of getting a farm reward if you have no excess food production (or not enough food).
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 12:09:21 pm by BenMiff »

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
Re: Some Simple Suggestions
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 07:11:09 pm »
If you want a ton of shards fast, go to the Deep.   Enter buildings, and kill a bazillion of those bats.   It's dangerous but it gives you so very many shards.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk