Author Topic: All Quiet on the Arcen Front  (Read 28090 times)

Offline Aklyon

• Core Member
Re: All Quiet on the Arcen Front
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2012, 05:08:47 pm »
Is the music different?

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2012, 05:09:49 pm »
The music is something you'll have to wait and see on. ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline LaughingThesaurus

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2012, 05:35:44 pm »
See, I'm probably still ruined for deserts though ever since the one day that I spent my entire day exploring nothing but desert stuff. Maybe I'll get over that at some point.
So should I be terrified of Lava Flats and The Deep then? Because, I already am.

Offline mrhanman

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2012, 05:49:49 pm »
I don't have a problem with the Lava Flats, but The Deep... *shudder* That's the stuff of nightmares!

Offline LaughingThesaurus

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2012, 06:25:54 pm »
Well the lava flats has lava which does like 50 damage per second so that's kinda scary if you accidentally fall like I do.

Offline Martyn van Buren

« Reply #65 on: November 07, 2012, 04:47:44 am »
Have those big arches from the deserts been translated into the new form of the game?  I love those.  I would be super pleased if they could become an object you can climb on.

Offline ZCaliber

« Reply #66 on: November 07, 2012, 04:53:33 am »
I wholelly approve of 'background objects' (Like buildings) having solid surfaces to jump onto.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #67 on: November 07, 2012, 06:00:57 am »
The arches are gone, sorry. We pay by the pixel, and something decorative that is that large was too expensive to be worthwhile. I love the arches also, but theyll be a staple of the first game rather than the sequel. I really do think these games are different enough that folks who really liked the original can still play that from time to time while probably still enjoying the sequel primarily. It's like Mario 1 vs Mario 3.

There may be some background objects you can climb on, not sure.

Yesterday I got the new lighting model working, which has important gameplay considerations as well as looking better, performing better, and adding support for colored light sources. Hoooooly heck does this look nice. :D

Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk