Author Topic: Today's Maintenance  (Read 9217 times)

Offline Dominus Arbitrationis

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark III
Today's Maintenance
« on: December 05, 2015, 06:30:23 pm »
Hopefully, no one noticed that I performed maintenance across the site today. The forums, Wiki, and WordPress are all fully operational, and there should be no further downtime with those services.

Mantis is not done, unfortunately. Everything except attachments are working there, as far as I am aware. Because of the amount of attachments that I have to work with, and the amount of damage that adding another attachment during this process can cause I have disabled the ability to upload attachments to Mantis for the time being. This feature should be restored very soon, and I will update this topic at that time. Mantis is fully operational as of now.

Thank you for your time and understanding, and I apologize immensely for any inconvience this causes you.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 06:53:29 pm by Dominus Arbitrationis »
Come help out at the Wiki!

Have ideas or bug reports for one of Arcen's games or any part of the site? Use  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games and site better!

Offline nelliott

Re: Today's Maintenance
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 06:43:49 am »
I'm having trouble accessing the AI War wiki today--attempting to open any site on the wiki prompts me to download a PHP file (usually index.php) rather than loading the site.  I think it is a server-side problem, as this occurs for me in multiple browsers (Firefox, Chrome, IE; all with freshly-cleared caches) for all games on the Arcen MediaFire wiki (not just AI War) but not on other websites that use PHP (Facebook, Wikipedia, Wordpress).  Thanks for your time!

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 07:34:18 am »
That is definitely a server-side problem. It was a very strange issue that just popped up, since I wasn't encountering it before. I have fixed it now, however, so let me know if you're still having trouble.

Thanks for the report! :)

Have ideas or bug reports for one of Arcen's games or any part of the site? Use  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games and site better!

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2015, 01:29:40 pm »
Right now it won't let me log in to the wiki because it says that I have cookies disabled (I do not).  When editing, it says that the session data is messed up.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2015, 01:41:16 pm »
....oh.  There was already a topic about this.

Ugh.

Well, shows what I know.

But yeah, was running into that myself earlier.  Thought my browser was turning evil on me or something.  Well, more evil than usual.

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark III
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2015, 05:54:52 pm »
The site move apparently changed the permissions for the folder where session data was stored, which was causing the server to not save cookies. Basically, Mediawiki was being a hypocrite and telling you to save the cookies when it doesn't save them. :) Oh, Misery, even if you think your browser is just being evil, let me know when you have these problems, especially because sometimes only one person is getting a problem that I can fix before it becomes a problem for everyone. Thanks!

Fixed now, though.

Offline nelliott

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2015, 03:02:30 am »
Thanks for getting that fixed!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk