Author Topic: Wiki new thumbnail error  (Read 13619 times)

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Neinzul Gardener Enclave
Wiki new thumbnail error
« on: June 14, 2016, 02:33:14 pm »
Hello.

I'm creating a new page for AI War on the wiki and I stumbled on a thumbnail error. I did some research and I think I can't do much. For what I understand, the wiki tries to automatically create and save a thumbnail from a pictures it already has, but is unable to save it.

The error message is:
"Error creating thumbnail: Unable to save thumbnail to destination".
The page is here.

I hope that problem would be easily solved by Arcen's wiki staff.
Thanks in advance.
Please excuse my english: I'm not a native speaker. Don't hesitate to correct me.

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
Re: Wiki new thumbnail error
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 02:41:18 am »
New error: trying to upgrade the MLRS image, I got this :

Internal error

[dc5fe1ea] /mediawiki/index.php?title=Special:Upload MWException from line 1868 of /home/arcengames/public_html/mediawiki/includes/filerepo/file/LocalFile.php: Could not acquire lock for 'AIWarMLRSGuardPost.png.'

Backtrace:

#0 /home/arcengames/public_html/mediawiki/includes/filerepo/file/LocalFile.php(1147): LocalFile->lock()
#1 /home/arcengames/public_html/mediawiki/includes/upload/UploadBase.php(708): LocalFile->upload(string, string, boolean, integer, array, boolean, User)
#2 /home/arcengames/public_html/mediawiki/includes/specials/SpecialUpload.php(486): UploadBase->performUpload(string, boolean, boolean, User)
#3 /home/arcengames/public_html/mediawiki/includes/specials/SpecialUpload.php(197): SpecialUpload->processUpload()
#4 /home/arcengames/public_html/mediawiki/includes/specialpage/SpecialPage.php(384): SpecialUpload->execute(NULL)
#5 /home/arcengames/public_html/mediawiki/includes/specialpage/SpecialPageFactory.php(553): SpecialPage->run(NULL)
#6 /home/arcengames/public_html/mediawiki/includes/MediaWiki.php(281): SpecialPageFactory::executePath(Title, RequestContext)
#7 /home/arcengames/public_html/mediawiki/includes/MediaWiki.php(714): MediaWiki->performRequest()
#8 /home/arcengames/public_html/mediawiki/includes/MediaWiki.php(508): MediaWiki->main()
#9 /home/arcengames/public_html/mediawiki/index.php(41): MediaWiki->run()
#10 {main}

Sounds like the whole wiki has a "new file" problem, right?
Please excuse my english: I'm not a native speaker. Don't hesitate to correct me.

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 04:32:10 am »
I hate "bumping" threads, but the newer issue got answer. Has this one been seen? An acknowledgement, at least, would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2016, 10:08:23 am »
I'm not sure -- I think I forwarded it to Quinn, but he's a volunteer and around the time you had the issue his computer melted down, so he was MIA for a bit.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Dominus Arbitrationis

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark III
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2016, 11:37:38 pm »
Sorry about this! It appears to have gotten lost in the shuffle with my other emails after my computer died. The problem appears to be a very difficult one to solve, since my fixes haven't seemed to work, so I'll give them the night and try again tomorrow.
Come help out at the Wiki!

Have ideas or bug reports for one of Arcen's games or any part of the site? Use  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games and site better!

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2016, 05:58:35 am »
Okay, no problem. I didn't want to rush you. Just to be sure the message passed well.

I hope the problem won't be too difficult.

Thanks a lot, freakingtm volunteer!

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2016, 01:02:47 pm »
Thanks a lot, freakingtm volunteer!

It's "freaking volunteertm" ;)

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark III
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2016, 08:09:02 pm »
Well, the issue appears to be fixed. If it happens again, let me know and I'll see if I can squash it permanently. Hopefully, what I did will be permanent though.

Have ideas or bug reports for one of Arcen's games or any part of the site? Use  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games and site better!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2016, 08:48:19 pm »
Thanks Quinn!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2016, 07:02:56 am »
Yeah! Thumbnails work! Thanks a lot. (The lists look really nice with the lil' pictures.)

... ow wait. I'm sorry to rain on your parade, but there is another problem. I thought it was related to the thumbnail one, but apparently no. I tried to update a picture and the server said no.

Internal error

[5bad4b12] /mediawiki/index.php?title=Special:Upload MWException from line 1868 of /home/arcengames/public_html/mediawiki/includes/filerepo/file/LocalFile.php: Could not acquire lock for 'AIWarMLRSGuardPost.png.'

Backtrace:

#0 /home/arcengames/public_html/mediawiki/includes/filerepo/file/LocalFile.php(1147): LocalFile->lock()
#1 /home/arcengames/public_html/mediawiki/includes/upload/UploadBase.php(708): LocalFile->upload(string, string, boolean, integer, array, boolean, User)
#2 /home/arcengames/public_html/mediawiki/includes/specials/SpecialUpload.php(486): UploadBase->performUpload(string, boolean, boolean, User)
#3 /home/arcengames/public_html/mediawiki/includes/specials/SpecialUpload.php(197): SpecialUpload->processUpload()
#4 /home/arcengames/public_html/mediawiki/includes/specialpage/SpecialPage.php(384): SpecialUpload->execute(NULL)
#5 /home/arcengames/public_html/mediawiki/includes/specialpage/SpecialPageFactory.php(553): SpecialPage->run(NULL)
#6 /home/arcengames/public_html/mediawiki/includes/MediaWiki.php(281): SpecialPageFactory::executePath(Title, RequestContext)
#7 /home/arcengames/public_html/mediawiki/includes/MediaWiki.php(714): MediaWiki->performRequest()
#8 /home/arcengames/public_html/mediawiki/includes/MediaWiki.php(508): MediaWiki->main()
#9 /home/arcengames/public_html/mediawiki/index.php(41): MediaWiki->run()
#10 {main}

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark III
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2016, 09:08:34 pm »
And that's it, you're banned. :P

Anyways, I think I may have fixed the problem, can you try now?

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2016, 10:09:32 pm »
Ahahaha. :D

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2016, 08:11:04 am »
And that's it, you're banned. :P
><
 :D

Anyways, I think I may have fixed the problem, can you try now?
Aaaand... nope. Sorry. Exact same error message.
I must precise, I'm logged (as "pumpkin"). Does it have an impact?

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2016, 09:00:33 am »
Maybe log out and back in?  Sometimes mediawiki is funny about that.

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2016, 09:19:11 am »
Logged in and out... Upload problem persists and... I saw a couple thumbnail issues ("Error creating thumbnail: Unable to save thumbnail to destination").

Sounds like a deep problem...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk