Author Topic: Various Errors  (Read 2789 times)

Offline Dominus Arbitrationis

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark III
Various Errors
« on: March 21, 2015, 09:45:18 pm »
I am currently aware of the disruptions that have been plaguing the site today. As a quick summary, we had some DNS issues, the files decided to not play nice with me, and now I have no idea what is wrong. Luckily, the only thing that is down at the moment is the main part of the site -- the forums, wiki, and mantis are all working as intended.

On behalf of Arcen, I would like to apologise profusely for the inconviences this poses to everyone, and I am currently working on finding a solution as soon as I can.

EDIT: I managed to fix the main part of the site, just some more DNS issues. Once again, many apologies for the issues!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 09:57:53 pm by Dominus Arbitrationis »
Come help out at the Wiki!

Have ideas or bug reports for one of Arcen's games or any part of the site? Use  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games and site better!

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Various Errors
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 12:30:55 pm »
It's one of those things that happens with site transfers. Been there myself many times, and just glad not to have to helm this one personally. ;) Thanks again for your hard work on this!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 01:31:10 pm »
Okay, just for reference, I am going to attempt this again. If everything goes according to plan, there should be minimum downtime, if any. (Last time it was pretty transparent minus the inability to access WordPress)

EDIT: This is getting strange. The errors are more of a file thing apparently. But there is no way to verify this. The moment DNS is changed everything is fixed... Which also means something weird is going on there. If anyone else is getting these errors, can you PM/email me telling me this, and telling me what country you are in? That might be able to give me a focal point. Hopefully.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 01:54:35 pm by Dominus Arbitrationis »

Have ideas or bug reports for one of Arcen's games or any part of the site? Use  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games and site better!

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 02:24:26 pm »
Okay, just for reference, I am going to attempt this again. If everything goes according to plan, there should be minimum downtime, if any. (Last time it was pretty transparent minus the inability to access WordPress)

EDIT: This is getting strange. The errors are more of a file thing apparently. But there is no way to verify this. The moment DNS is changed everything is fixed... Which also means something weird is going on there. If anyone else is getting these errors, can you PM/email me telling me this, and telling me what country you are in? That might be able to give me a focal point. Hopefully.

Not much of a help but all is well on the EST zone in the USA.
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 05:47:38 pm »
Everything seems to be okay to me at the moment.  This is me hitting 162.159.244.42, which is going through cloudflare and then I'm not sure where.  Not sure if it's hostgator or rackspace.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark III
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2015, 06:35:20 pm »
Everything seems to be okay to me at the moment.  This is me hitting 162.159.244.42, which is going through cloudflare and then I'm not sure where.  Not sure if it's hostgator or rackspace.
I have noticed the 162.159.244.42, which I'm going to assume is Cloudflare's IP, since neither host has that one. It should point to Rackspace for now, since HostGator decides to give either a 404 or 500 error. There is also apparently something odd with Cloudflare's .htaccess caching so I'm looking into that.

Not much of a help but all is well on the EST zone in the USA.

That's good. Although, given the time, there should have been no reason why it wouldn't work (I think, I don't keep exact timestamps for all of this).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk