Author Topic: Stored forum login gets corrupted repeatedly  (Read 5809 times)

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
Stored forum login gets corrupted repeatedly
« on: June 26, 2015, 03:38:02 pm »
Hi.

I have a reoccuring problem of my saved credentials in the forums no longer working in terms of
- Me not being logged in automatically although I have selected "Forever"
- Manually logging me in when this occurs coccasionally not working with a hint to check my cookie settings

Deleting the cookies fixes the issue.
I am using Chrome.
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Stored forum login gets corrupted repeatedly
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 03:52:25 pm »
Hmm, this has never happened to me.  When did this start for you?  In the last few days, or a few weeks ago, or longer?
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 04:00:51 pm »
More than just a few days ago. Likely for one or two weeks I guess...
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 04:16:34 pm »
Okay, sounds like since the move to the new servers, then.  I'll defer to Quinn on that, but I figured he'd want to know.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Shrugging Khan

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Neinzul Y PzKpfw Tiger!
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 04:40:50 pm »
Just saying I also have this. My internet connections are a bit weird, so I didn't think much of it...but it also coincides with the recent forum/server changes, so maybe that's it.
The beatings shall continue
until morale improves!

Offline Dominus Arbitrationis

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark III
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 05:44:16 pm »
Very strange. It might be because of secure cookies, which I've now disabled because apparently it isn't working as intended. If it keeps happening, let me know and I'll delve deeper.

In case anyone is wondering, I'm thinking it might be because you aren't normally browsing the forums with SSL on, which causes the secure cookie to throw a fit and stop working. It shouldn't have been throwing a fit, though, so I will look into that and see if this is a symptom of a different problem.
Come help out at the Wiki!

Have ideas or bug reports for one of Arcen's games or any part of the site? Use  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games and site better!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 06:54:58 pm »
Nice!

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark III
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2015, 08:15:34 pm »
Ah, I think I found the underlying problem. The forums should have been set to HTTPS, but the base URL was set to HTTP, which resulting in the cookie not knowing what is going on. Should be fixed now.

Have ideas or bug reports for one of Arcen's games or any part of the site? Use  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games and site better!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2015, 08:19:54 pm »
Ah, I see.  Hope that does it!

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2015, 12:47:20 am »
This, of course, makes Firefox whine about the website not supplying identity information.

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark III
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2015, 01:00:44 am »
Blame Cloudflare and Firefox, not me! Does it bring up a big nasty popup or just a little icon in the corner?

Oh, if you really want to see something weird, go to https://www.arcengames.com/forums/agreement.txt . It doesn't whine there from my tests.

Offline Shrugging Khan

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Neinzul Y PzKpfw Tiger!
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2015, 03:51:24 am »
Well, firefox has indeed been a piece of sh!t lately. Can anyone recommend a better browser? I hear good things about Chrome.

But I'm a firefox grognard and conservative scum anyways. My browser add-ons! I NEED them! But firefox is so overloaded with useless features, slow, prone to crashing, one huge memory leak...
The beatings shall continue
until morale improves!

Offline WingedKagouti

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2015, 06:10:59 am »
Blame Cloudflare and Firefox, not me! Does it bring up a big nasty popup or just a little icon in the corner?

Oh, if you really want to see something weird, go to https://www.arcengames.com/forums/agreement.txt . It doesn't whine there from my tests.
Firefox is complaining about one (or more) images not being from a secure source. A bit of searching through the source reveals that the Steam icon is the likely culprit ( http://steamcommunity.com/favicon.ico ).

Offline Kahuna

• Core Member
  • Kahuna Matata!
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2015, 06:32:48 am »
Well, firefox has indeed been a piece of sh!t lately. Can anyone recommend a better browser? I hear good things about Chrome.
Firefox is a huge piece of turd.
Chrome is faster and better overall. I switched back to Firefox a while ago because Google loved up the bookmarks manager on Chrome which made it unusable. But they seems to have returned to the good old one again. So now I'm using chrome again.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 01:58:53 am by Kahuna »
set /A diff=10
if %diff%==max (
   set /A me=:)
) else (
   set /A me=SadPanda
)
echo Check out my AI War strategy guide and find your inner Super Cat!
echo 2592 hours of AI War and counting!
echo Kahuna matata!

Offline Aklyon

• Core Member
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2015, 11:17:41 pm »

But I'm a firefox grognard and conservative scum anyways. My browser add-ons! I NEED them! But firefox is so overloaded with useless features, slow, prone to crashing, one huge memory leak...
Have you tried Pale Moon? Its firefox but without the strange new ui shenanigans, and a bunch of tweaks. Most of your FF should be able to convert over fine, the rest is probably replaced (or known about, at least) on this page.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk