General Category > Untitled 3D Survival

This is not a dinosaur game!

<< < (2/12) > >>

ptarth:
Heh.

;D

More seriously, so this game isn't all about dinosaurs, which is understandable (but sad). But why do almost all of the games made with dinosaurs turn out so bad? Dinosaurs are awesome. Is it that the underlying mechanics aren't very good and throwing Dinosaurs on top of it just don't do anything to fix that problem?

(PS: Remind me to send you my Debuglog which is current getting echo-checks from every single boundary collision call caused by batman.)

x4000:
For the debuglog stuff, be sure to send that to Keith, not me. :)

And yeah, I know what you mean about most dinosaur-based games being bad.  I don't know, maybe I'll make one that focuses on them at some point.  I don't see any inherent limitations with having dinosaurs as a core mechanic-anchor in a game, but so many games have just been poor games+ dinosaurs.

Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis 3 was pretty sweet, though.

crazyroosterman:

--- Quote from: x4000 on February 24, 2016, 06:39:27 pm ---For the debuglog stuff, be sure to send that to Keith, not me. :)

And yeah, I know what you mean about most dinosaur-based games being bad.  I don't know, maybe I'll make one that focuses on them at some point.  I don't see any inherent limitations with having dinosaurs as a core mechanic-anchor in a game, but so many games have just been poor games+ dinosaurs.

Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis 3 was pretty sweet, though.

--- End quote ---
probably more of a coincidence than anything really also am I right in thinking this games 3d? its just what I've heard makes it sounds super 3d but that sounds like it would be quite expensive.

x4000:
Yup, this is our first 3D game.  I'm having to learn a lot about this particular engine and how it handles a lot of the 3D concepts that I've just bypassed before, but I have a huge background in 3D as a hobby so I'm not having to start from scratch.  Hopefully this will be ready to start showing off in the next couple of weeks in terms of a few early videos, and a kickstarter in late March or sometime in April.  It's coming together pretty killer so far, although I still have a lot to do.

crazyroosterman:

--- Quote from: x4000 on February 24, 2016, 07:33:52 pm ---Yup, this is our first 3D game.  I'm having to learn a lot about this particular engine and how it handles a lot of the 3D concepts that I've just bypassed before, but I have a huge background in 3D as a hobby so I'm not having to start from scratch.  Hopefully this will be ready to start showing off in the next couple of weeks in terms of a few early videos, and a kickstarter in late March or sometime in April.  It's coming together pretty killer so far, although I still have a lot to do.

--- End quote ---
hu that should be rather interesting though It should interesting to see how my laptop copes with it the last 3d game I played that my laptop actually run well was blood money which is a rather old game I could easily upgrade to something capable of handling that but most of the games I seem to really like are in 2d I just really prefer it to 3d besides the performance I just find that to me personally there just more interesting looking.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version