General Category > Untitled 3D Survival

So does creating havoc have a cost?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Misery:
Ah, I was wondering when someone was going to manage to get a random torrent of information out of you :D

All sounds pretty good to me.  Actually some of it reminds me of one of my favorite indie games from a developer I like, which is 5089... though, sorta an upgraded version of 3089, but same difference... in the focus of things like base assault and capture and things of that nature.  And the number of different ways of approaching things.   Those are good things to hear about for a game like this.

I particularly like the idea of bases that actually get attacked heavily; alot of times in survival or sandbox games, there's sort of an encouragement to build a defensive base... but nothing truly threatening ever attacks you.  Heaven forbid that the player's creative disjointed crappy house actually get blown up by something.

Really the only thing I"m ever really against in a game like this is stealth.  At this point I doubt I have to explain why I dont like that.

All in all, it sounds good!  Have you really not thought up a name yet though?

Pumpkin:
Okay. Nice. Thank you for the "what". Now on for the "how".

How will players be able to defend bases? Will there be some sort of towerdefense gameplay? Being a lover of AI War's towerdef's part, I can only wish you'll do your best on this. Tell us. Will players be able to spend resources in crafting towers? Will we be able to hire/build human/robot NPC soldiers? Will there be traps to put in the enemy's pathfinding? (Like AI War and Dwarf Fortress?)

How will players be able to attack? Will there be just equipment and weapons for the heavy work, like looting/building a mortar of some sort and go siege the nextdoor enemy castle? Or some more complex player-made things like a minecraftian TNT cannon? Or some more "management" gameplay with NPC assault squads? Or "break in and beat them all" with a regular combat system? Then drop C4 on each pillar, get out and "clic-BOOM"?

Secret Pumping Facility => ON

crazyroosterman:

--- Quote from: Pumpkin on March 05, 2016, 11:51:49 am ---Okay. Nice. Thank you for the "what". Now on for the "how".

How will players be able to defend bases? Will there be some sort of towerdefense gameplay? Being a lover of AI War's towerdef's part, I can only wish you'll do your best on this. Tell us. Will players be able to spend resources in crafting towers? Will we be able to hire/build human/robot NPC soldiers? Will there be traps to put in the enemy's pathfinding? (Like AI War and Dwarf Fortress?)

How will players be able to attack? Will there be just equipment and weapons for the heavy work, like looting/building a mortar of some sort and go siege the nextdoor enemy castle? Or some more complex player-made things like a minecraftian TNT cannon? Or some more "management" gameplay with NPC assault squads? Or "break in and beat them all" with a regular combat system? Then drop C4 on each pillar, get out and "clic-BOOM"?

Secret Pumping Facility => ON

--- End quote ---
hopefully all of that and more I wonder if ill be able to breed chickens in this game.

Histidine:

--- Quote from: x4000 on March 04, 2016, 02:35:36 pm ---About Bases
Bases, clearly, are not something to get too attached to.  I think that there's a nice middle-ground where in these sorts of games you can build a really strong base and have fun defending it.  But if it never gets TRULY tested by the enemy, then there's no real sense of accomplishment past a certain point.

[...]

Here there's plenty of creativity, but it's also about creativity in terms of how to deal with the stronger waves.  But I also want to be clear that we're talking about very long timeframes here.  If 40 days is the number you're playing at where after that the waves just get untenable, and if 50 minutes is the length of realtime per game day, that's freaking 33 hours of gametime before a base becomes near impossible for most people to defend.  And for someone who can stretch those defenses even longer, there's a lot of pride that I can imagine would go with that.
--- End quote ---

So bases == dwarf forts?  :P

Apologies if this was already asked and answered: Will there be an option (even if only as a "trainer"/easy mode setting) for any kind of permanent "safe zone" where the player can catch some R&R without ever worrying about the enemy eventually coming in? Nothing fancy, just a "shack" with a small item cache and limited customizability.

chemical_art:
all very exciting!  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version