General Category > TLF Alpha players discussion

First Impressions - Malorn

<< < (2/3) > >>

Pepisolo:

--- Quote from: keith.lamothe on April 12, 2014, 01:53:36 pm ---
--- Quote from: Pepisolo on April 12, 2014, 01:45:05 pm ---MANTISING.

--- End quote ---
It's possible that you might want to not use caps, and explain briefly that you mean "I'm making mantis tickets out of some of the stuff here, just FYI to avoid excessive duplicates" or something like that.  Some of the testers just coming in aren't used to our community and may take one-word all-caps messages the wrong way :)

But thank you very much for doing the feedback aggregation, that's enormously helpful.

--- End quote ---

Oh, yeah. Good point. I did that for the other thread I marked, but not here. I'll make a note to always do it.

keith.lamothe:
Np :)

malorn:

--- Quote from: alocritani on April 12, 2014, 08:09:22 am ---
--- Quote from: malorn on April 12, 2014, 04:58:24 am --- The Hatred issue seems to still be an issue, and I find myself taking sides rather permanently.

--- End quote ---
Well, since .852 there's the possibility to dock to the survey base in first mission, so you should have a +60 influence back -> total should be -40 (-100 + 60). still to try it, however

--- End quote ---

Not what I meant by hatred.  I meant mainly that you rarely end up with a balancing act scenario, generally just fighting to make sure your guys win and the other guys lose.  Shoot a couple of ships, and it's nearly impossible to go positive again.

malorn:
Another odd factor, I don't feel like I'm flying a capital ship.  My health and shields are very weak compared to everyone else around me, and my speed and damage are very high.  I feel like a fighter pilot.  With the multiple ships types, perhaps they shouldn't all feel like a glass cannon?

Amended, most of these problems changed with the combat balance, I hadn't had a chance to test since that went in.  Combat as a whole is feeling a lot more solid now that enemy shot speed is better.

malorn:
Things seem to be getting good, the combat changes seriously helped the situation.  Gravity missiles are incredibly overpowered, however.  I'm starting to really enjoy playing, and that's a good sign for the game.  Quests!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version