Author Topic: Why i think this is great for touchscreens  (Read 2771 times)

rubikscube

Why i think this is great for touchscreens
« on: June 01, 2010, 06:24:49 pm »
Pardon me for my not keeping up news and i will make some assumptions here ;)

What i think is putting this on the ipad, iphone and such touch screen cell phone or portable devices is one of the best ideas for this game .

When i come to home, I tend not to play as much tidalis as ai war, reason? tidalis is not hardcore, and so aren't bejeweled and such. Tidalis is the PERFECT game on the go, waiting in line, bored in class  ;) and other stuff. it's similar to plants versus zombies or tetris on gameboy. It only takes a few minutes a game compared to a few hours of ai war, and you can pause it like an tbs game, well, at least more tbs than ai war is, especially when trying to figure a big combo :)

The gameplay is PERFECT for touch screens, imagine changing directions with your finger :D yes, that is like it's made for the touch screen.

Playing on the go attracts much more players to get this game.

(My assumption here is idk if you're making it for touchscreen just yet cause it's beta and i checked most threads and you didn't mention it, sorry if i missed it.)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Why i think this is great for touchscreens
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 06:27:46 pm »
The main discussion on that is here: http://arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,4891.0.html

More recently, there is also the issue of whether or not Unity will still work on the iPhone/iPad at all in the new OS 4.0 era.  We shall see!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

rubikscube

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 06:37:00 pm »
thx

Offline Signata

• Jr. Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 11:06:14 pm »
From what I understand, the answer to that is no. Apple's come out rather strongly against third party engines, mainly in their campaign against Flash, but systems like Unity have been caught in the middle of that. Pity, really, and given how stubborn Jobs can be, it would take the United States Justice Department to change it. :)

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 11:09:32 pm »
Yeah, it really doesn't look pretty.  Unity themselves are taking a pretty positive line, saying they think it will be okay, but I don't know how much of that is just wishful thinking.  Jobs is being amazingly thickheaded on this one, in my mind.  First, to come out with a policy like this at all, and then second to be all vague and not explain what it really means when everyone wonders.  Gah.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Signata

• Jr. Member Mark III
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 11:47:25 pm »
I've got my own beefs, trying to write an app for authors with zero tools for rich text editing. I would have to literally write my own text engine from scratch (not to mention also write a parser and writer for some established standard like ODF or RTF, by no means a small task either) just to give my users bold! Pages cheats using private APIs, and if you use the cheats Pages uses, your app will get denied faster than a Flash game. Best I'll be able to do is explain, dozens of times a day, why it just isn't feasible to let them indent or italicise their text. Anyway, didn't mean to derail this into a rant at Apple thread.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2010, 11:49:14 pm »
That's okay, that tends to happen. ;) I feel your pain.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk