Author Topic: Version 0.401  (Read 7307 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Version 0.401
« on: April 16, 2010, 09:36:54 pm »
This version has now been released.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 01:12:56 am by x4000 »
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
Re: Version 0.401 (Upcoming)
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 09:43:03 pm »
- restart no longer prompts for confirmation if the player has already lost

- fixed bug on QuickGame and CustomGame (and sometimes on LevelProperties) where tooltips for GameStyles in the GameStyle dropdowns was drawing under the dropdown

- tooltip window now no longer draws if the tooltip text is all whitespace (like the puzzle game style tooltip)

- added Key-rebinding UI under Settings menu.  Still more improvements to be made, but this should be mostly functional.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 11:18:48 pm »
added Disable Auto Marking toggle to game settings (still in testing for proper logic)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 12:32:23 am »
-The "Show window toolbar" settings option has been removed.  That was actually something that was SlimDX-specific, and that we can't control in Unity 3D.

-There is now a new "Use In-Game Resolution Settings" checkbox in the settings menu.  When checked, the game will listen to the screen resolution that you choose on this page.  When unchecked, it will use whatever screen resolution is configured directly through Unity.  To configure a screen resolution on startup, hold the Shift key (on Windows) or the Option key (on OSX) while clicking to open the game.  This provides a workaround for a bug in the current version of Unity for OSX.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 12:55:08 pm by x4000 »
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline RCIX

• Core Member Mark II
  • Avatar credit goes to Spookypatrol on League forum
Re: Version 0.401
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 08:03:22 pm »
This may seem like a dumb question, but Tidalis isn't letting me update anymore. I held off for a while when i got word that the update was broken, but now i want to go and update but the button isn't there in the bottom right.
Avid League player and apparently back from the dead!

If we weren't going for your money, you wouldn't have gotten as much value for it!

Oh, wait... *causation loop detonates*

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 08:08:20 pm »
Actually, I disabled that today -- 0.402 should be out tonight, and should work for everyone.  It was mostly only broken on the Mac before, but for the sake of safety I thought it best to just shut off 0.401 completely given that 0.402 is coming up so soon, anyway.  Sorry for the confusion!

Offline RCIX

• Core Member Mark II
  • Avatar credit goes to Spookypatrol on League forum
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 08:10:12 pm »
Actually, I disabled that today -- 0.402 should be out tonight, and should work for everyone.  It was mostly only broken on the Mac before, but for the sake of safety I thought it best to just shut off 0.401 completely given that 0.402 is coming up so soon, anyway.  Sorry for the confusion!
No problem :)
Avid League player and apparently back from the dead!

If we weren't going for your money, you wouldn't have gotten as much value for it!

Oh, wait... *causation loop detonates*

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 10:42:56 pm »
Well, not 0.402 tonight.  The windows side of things is fully functional with the patcher, but the OSX side still has an issue with its unix-style permissions causing the game to become unplayable after a patch.  All the other OSX-related patching issues seem to be resolved, though, which is great, and I think I'm closing in on the permissions thing, but I find myself having to ask bitrock support for info on the commands in their installer language because some of the documentation is a bit lacking.  Really powerful tool, though. 

I think that once that last permissions issue is solved, hopefully tomorrow morning with bitrock's help, we'll be ready for 0.402, and then we can proceed with more regular patches for Tidalis from here on out once all that patcher mess is behind us!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk