Author Topic: Registering license keys with Steam: not quite yet.  (Read 7248 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Registering license keys with Steam: not quite yet.
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2010, 12:37:25 pm »
Wonderful!  Looks like it's worked for 20ish folks so far, looking at this from the Steam interface side, so that's great.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline triggerman602

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2010, 12:56:59 pm »
You can also take the entire Tidalis Director and put it into the common folder in steam (Steam\steamapps\common) and then install Tidalis through Steam. Installation will take only a few seconds because Steam will recognize most of the files and only insert its own files that it associates. I believe Steam will revert Tidalis to 1.000 though when doing this.

Offline RCIX

• Core Member Mark II
  • Avatar credit goes to Spookypatrol on League forum
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2010, 06:24:03 pm »
Worked for me!
Avid League player and apparently back from the dead!

If we weren't going for your money, you wouldn't have gotten as much value for it!

Oh, wait... *causation loop detonates*

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2010, 09:55:00 am »
That's wonderful news!  I also heard back from Valve that it's definitely all completed now, too.  So it should work for anyone who wants it to!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline KingIsaacLinksr

• Master Member
  • A Paladin Without A Crusade...
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2010, 08:56:30 pm »
Just reporting in, Tidalis is fully integrated into Steam.  However a few things,

Did what Triggerman suggested and that seems to have worked quite nicely.  However, the shortcut on the desktop seems to be a low-def pic file.  Also, on the campaign loading screen, seems to have a bit of stuff in between the text when clicking on your name.  Sorta like a low-res distortion. 

Anyway, oh and I had to redo the patch for some reason.  The 1.01.  Good thing I still had it downloaded.  Otherwise, it seems to have gone well so I'll be deleting the main program soon.  (Need those GBs!  :) )

King
Casual reviewer with a sense of justice.
Visit the Arcen Mantis to help: https://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/
A Paladin's Blog. Long form videogame reviews focusing on mechanics and narrative analyzing. Plus other stuff. www.kingisaaclinksr.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk