Author Topic: Level 116 help  (Read 12476 times)

Offline miss_madmandy

• Newbie Mark II
  • In chocolate heaven!!
Level 116 help
« on: August 26, 2013, 07:27:08 am »
Hey

I am stuck in level 116 and tried so many different combinations to get rid of the turnips with no joy at all. I'm getting soooo frustrated, lol. Has anyone else had this trouble and if so, any ideas in how to combat it? Any help at this stage would be greatly appreciated. I am determined to complete this game  :D
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten.

Offline Fiskbit

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Master Member Mark III
Re: Level 116 help
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 08:02:41 am »
For this one, I start at the bottom left and try to set it up to make small chains of 3 or 4 blocks. There's not much room for waste here, so you want those chains to mostly consist of blocks that are touching turnips. I make the final block of each chain point down toward the turnips to make sure it ends in a controllable way, and because of the way I'm chipping at the mound of turnips, all of my chains wind up having the stream go up, right, and then down.

Good luck, and if you need more help, I can try to be more specific!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.  Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline miss_madmandy

• Newbie Mark II
  • In chocolate heaven!!
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 08:16:24 am »
Thank you so much for your reply and your help and I'll have a bash at that now  :)
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten.

Offline miss_madmandy

• Newbie Mark II
  • In chocolate heaven!!
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 09:13:45 am »
I'm still struggling miserably  :( I have tried to do smaller chains like you said but it's that one that's left over every time. Grrr, lol. I'm sure I will do it eventually but it's really hard

Offline Fiskbit

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Master Member Mark III
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 12:53:52 am »
In my solution (there are others, but it's the one I found when I made the puzzle), every single chain has the stream go up, right, and then down. The up part goes from the bottom block of the stack of greens all the way to the top. Then, it goes one block to the right. Finally, it goes all the way down to the bottom of the stack. The blocks above the ones that were aiming downward will be aimed upward to repeat the pattern for the next chain. When a chain clears, it will also adjust the next stack of blocks downward, but because the bottom block is pointing down, that block won't cause any harm. That adjustment does make it hard to visualize which blocks need to point up and which need to point down, but some trial and error should hopefully clear things up.

I can post a picture if this explanation is still too abstract. Good luck!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.  Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline miss_madmandy

• Newbie Mark II
  • In chocolate heaven!!
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 07:12:08 am »
Thank you so much for explaining it in more detail. I have been trying to do what you said and still struggling. You're gonna get sick of me, lol. Would you mind posting a picture for me? I would really appreciate it. I have really appreciated your help too, I won't forget it  :)

Offline Cyborg

• Master Member Mark III
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 08:09:41 pm »
Kahuna strategy guide:
http://www.arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,13369.0.html

Suggestions, bugs? Don't be lazy, give back:
http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/

Planetcracker. Believe it.

The stigma of hunger. http://wayw.re/Vi12BK

Offline miss_madmandy

• Newbie Mark II
  • In chocolate heaven!!
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2013, 05:56:10 am »
Aww, you're an absolute angel my friend. Thank you so much for showing me. I appreciate it. This has really helped me to achieve that level. Thanks again and hope I can do something to help you out one day  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk