Author Topic: Beta 0.416 Released (4 new game modes)  (Read 2265 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Beta 0.416 Released (4 new game modes)
« on: May 22, 2010, 11:36:39 pm »
Well, this is another feature-packed release.  Especially for a Saturday!  The full release notes are here: http://arcengames.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Tidalis_-_0.416_Beta_Release

The four modes that are included in this could not be more different: wind mode is another streams-physics-manipulating mode, limited streams mode is an entirely new sort of brain-bending-via-having-to-find-certain-sorts-of-paths mode, jumping beans mode is another ultra-action-heavy mode where advanced click-happy players can really set up some weird chains, and eater defense mode is actually a strategy-style mode that could almost be called Tower Defense in terms of its genre.

Yeah, lots of new stuff here, for sure. ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Ixiohm

Re: Beta 0.416 Released (4 new game modes)
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 05:25:26 am »
Nice release, I have tested the new modes and my favorite was 'limited streams'. I did not notice much change with the wind mode; it seemed much more subtle than featherweight or graviton.

Will be posting a potential exploit I noticed in the bug section.       

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Beta 0.416 Released (4 new game modes)
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 11:03:59 pm »
Thanks!  And thanks also for the note about wind mode.  I'd been on the fence about that, myself.  I've not increased the maximum gust sped 3x.  It has periods where it does almost nothing, and periods where the wind is absolutely hurricane-like, way more affecting than either graviton or featherweight.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk