Author Topic: Beta 0.409 Released!  (Read 7360 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Beta 0.409 Released!
« on: May 13, 2010, 01:28:14 pm »

The full release notes for this release can be seen here: http://arcengames.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Tidalis_-_0.409_Beta_Release

It's been another long stretch with few beta releases, and so again of course this is absolutely feature-packed.  We keep hitting these large features that require a lot of behind-the-scenes work and testing (first multi-well play, now VS mode and the AI), and which tend to break a lot of the game until we get them fully back the way we want.

There's a possibility that our upcoming work to get network play added to the game will have a similar effect, but a lot of the preliminary structuring of the code for that has already been done, which hopefully means that the network stuff will be more isolated than the last two big things.  Of course, I thought the same thing about the multi-well and VS code, so I guess that's how it goes.

On the bright side, other than network play there aren't any other big features with that sort of huge scope and touch-everything-in-the-game nature.  Other than getting network play in place, we're down to adding more special blocks, more items, more modes, more themes, more levels, more story, and then a bunch of fairly modular features like high scoreboards, achievements, gamepad support, etc.

There's still plenty to do, but we're looking good for the July 1 "done with everything" date.  Whether or not the game will be fully feature-complete on June 1 or not is a huge question mark programming-wise, but that's largely because we keep doing so much polish as we go, rather than leaving it all to the end.  That seems to be for the best, but we'll see how it affects our pre-release milestone dates as we get closer to them.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline triggerman602

• Sr. Member Mark II
Re: Beta 0.409 Released!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 05:13:07 pm »
Just updated.

The quick and custom game menus are ridden with missing localization errors for me. :(
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 05:15:00 pm by triggerman602 »

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 05:39:35 pm »
Okay, whoops -- if you look inside your RuntimeData folder, there is a second RuntimeData folder, erroneously.  If you copy the contents of that back out into the main RuntimeData folder, that will fix the issue for you.  I am uploading a replacement 0.409 version so that no one else will run into this problem going forward, but anyone who already downloaded it would have to do the file copy thing in the short term.

However, I'm planning on doing another prerelease tonight for Tidalis anyway, so when I push that I'll make that include all of the stuff from 0.409 as well, to make sure that that auto-fixes it for anyone who doesn't want to do the file copying thing.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 09:28:36 pm »
New version now out (and it will solve your issue without you having to do anything further, if you didn't already solve it): http://arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,5392.0.html

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk