Author Topic: Adventure Mode Stage #116 Help  (Read 2455 times)

Offline SakimotoFanboy

Adventure Mode Stage #116 Help
« on: December 11, 2010, 08:24:27 pm »
First of all: I love this game. It took me a few days of hard work, but I finally got through the Adventure mode and I was happy. For a little while. Then, after 115 stages of cool, action-oriented levels I was met with a brainteaser. I immediately failed. I have now failed over and over again, probably because I really suck at brainteasers.

My point here is: Help would be very appreciated. I would really like to know how to solve this level. For that matter, perhaps a walkthrough for people getting stuck on other puzzles would be a good idea? But yeah. Please. Help me out here.

Thanks in advance. :)

Offline Fiskbit

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Master Member Mark III
Re: Adventure Mode Stage #116 Help
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 03:18:04 am »
Glad to hear you've been enjoying the game so much! I'm largely very pleased with how the levels and puzzles turned out and it's great to hear that you found the adventure levels compelling.

Spoilers ahead:

Regarding this puzzle, I went back to look at it and noticed that it can be particularly tough if you can't figure out where to start from. I suggest starting at the bottom left block, though I think there are other valid starting points. You need to clear a lot of turnips, so I propose that doing a lot of small chains is better than doing fewer, but larger, chains. I think you'll probably have a lot better luck with this info, but if you continue to struggle, feel free to ask for more help.

Also, in case you didn't notice, this is not the only brainteaser on the map - it's just the only one that appears automatically. If you click around at interesting objects and locations, you'll find other puzzles littered about. They're the same ones that are in brainteaser mode, so those who have gone through that mode aren't missing anything, but level 116 and one other easter egg stage are unique to adventure mode. They may not be your cup of tea, but they're there if you want to give them a shot. Just remember that they get harder the closer they are to the end of the map. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.  Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline SakimotoFanboy

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 08:22:09 am »
Ah, thank you! I finally managed to clear it thanks to your helpful tip.

Well, I've been clicking around the map a bit and I've found some of the hidden brainteasers. See, I'm one of those 100% completionist people who really want to find everything in a game, so I just wanted to know: Do the hidden puzzles count towards the Overall percentage? I just want to complete everything this game throws at me. :) They may not be my cup of tea, those brainteasers, but I still want to complete them. (I'm this way with achievements, too. I know, it's silly, but it's just who I am.)

Offline Fiskbit

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Master Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 12:27:29 pm »
Yeah, they do count toward the Overall percentage. Really, though, I hope you don't play through all of them if you don't find them all that enjoyable. :P That said, if you do want to give it a shot, start at the left side of the map and don't be afraid to leave difficult puzzles that you come across for later. Some of the difficult ones get very difficult!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.  Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk