Author Topic: 500 Blocks in One Chain - How?  (Read 7801 times)

Offline triggerman602

• Sr. Member Mark II
Re: 500 Blocks in One Chain - How?
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2010, 05:05:03 am »
I DID IT!!! I tried a few different methods but in the end i found a way that was quite easy did it no problem.

Offline TimeTorrent

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2010, 02:56:46 am »
There's actually a glitch if you get far too many.  If once you hit the thousandth block  ;D, the game crashes.  I found this highly entertaining, so I've done it a few times.

Offline jello

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2010, 07:39:53 pm »
I still don't have a clue how to get it. :/ Well, maybe a clue but then my non-existent skill comes into effect. :D

I guess, there's always this one achievement I'm not able to get although everyone else does. ;)

Offline BobJustBob

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2010, 09:55:24 pm »
Whoo, I got it! I just had to find the right mix of special blocks and items in custom mode.

Offline triggerman602

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2010, 01:27:38 am »
Now that iv done it, I'm super curious as to how other people have done it.

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2010, 02:43:32 pm »
Spoilers.

:Custom game, one color.  Set up the entire board to clear itself except the top line.  Make that line create as many chain inputs as possib(eg, streams that will go up) and then as that top line falls, hold the >>> button.  Edit: even better.  Use Zen mode.  It's almost entirely self sustaining.:
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 03:11:19 pm by Draco18s »

Offline triggerman602

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2010, 02:11:59 am »
Spoilers.

:

:

:I'm not sure how that would work. How is that clearing the blocks at the bottom without finishing the chain?:

My way

:custom Zen map with all one colour, lots of colour poppers and molasses-streams items. Always have Molasses activated so that streams last a long time and let blocks fall threw them. Use the colour poppers to remove all the blocks and have a new batch fall. Slow streams still have to travel 3 spaces so they will easily last long enough for more blocks to fall threw them. Rinse and repeat.:
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 02:14:41 am by triggerman602 »

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2010, 11:48:28 am »
:I'm not sure how that would work. How is that clearing the blocks at the bottom without finishing the chain?:

:The blocks left at the top not streamed are allowed to fall, thus creating more streams.  Without the ability to combo the maximum number of blocks is 144.  My fun yesterday doing this in zen mode caused a "mere" 400,000,000 point combo.  I did of course, have to exit, and then lose a game to get my achievements.:
:As for special blocks, I only used the four-way split and the extended range ones.:
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 11:50:48 am by Draco18s »

Offline Fiskbit

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Master Member Mark III
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2010, 01:16:16 pm »
:Draco18s, I don't really follow your method; this is for 500 blocks in a single chain, but your method sounds like it's going for as many blocks as possible in a single combo, which doesn't require trickery (though it definitely benefits from it). When your large chain finishes and the blocks on top drop and fire streams upon landing (thus continuing the combo), you're back to square 1 in terms of large chains. Unless I'm missing something, you won't get a chain of more than 144 blocks.

My best method for doing this uses zen trampoline with 400 frequency red, 200 frequency eater, and a flood item. You can clear the starting set of blocks or just put some eaters at the top of the screen to get everything started. Then you just use the flood item and watch the magic. Before this, I was doing zen trampoline with 400 red, 200 eater, 200 quad repeater and making new blocks that fell point to the opposite side of the screen so they'd cover the maximum area and thus would be more likely to hit a block or quad repeater. The new one is better because it just requires one click and then it should do its thing indefinitely.
:
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.  Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2010, 03:56:07 pm »
Oh right chain v. combo.

Whoops.  I'll have to check on that on.

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2010, 07:24:29 pm »
Ah ha.

:Color bombs + Cans of Beats + Flood + Eater:  I just threw an unhandled exception error for hitting 1000 blocks in a chain.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk