Author Topic: 3 min gameplay footage  (Read 2529 times)

Offline Spikey00

• Lord of just 5 Colony Ships
  • Master Member Mark II
  • And he sayeth to sea worm, thou shalt wriggle
3 min gameplay footage
« on: September 23, 2010, 01:53:56 pm »
Hm, here's some footage of me against AI10 in race mode to 60 000 points--AI lost and only accumulated 8 000 points (this should be looked at, they don't make enough combos and a high stack means significant time loss).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzQiQEPluqo
I'd take a sea worm any time over a hundred emotionless spinning carriers.
irc.appliedirc.com / #aiwar
AI War Facebook
AI War Steam Group

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: 3 min gameplay footage
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 02:28:45 pm »
The AI doesn't actually look for combos, and due to the complexity of that it's not something that's planned, either.  The VS AI for Tidalis is fairly limited, as advertised, as it simply wasn't a focus for this game.  Sorry! 

But that didn't let us stop putting in VS modes that the humans would be good at and enjoy -- and we let the AI play in all of the ones that it technically can play in, even if it's not going to be very good at all of them (it's pretty good at the VS Garbage, for instance.

In short: the scope had to end somewhere, but we didn't want that to affect the non-AI-related VS offerings.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Spikey00

• Lord of just 5 Colony Ships
  • Master Member Mark II
  • And he sayeth to sea worm, thou shalt wriggle
Re: 3 min gameplay footage
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 02:38:53 pm »
Ah, I thought it did do occasional combos, but I suppose those were just luck.  The AI definitely holds its own in garbage mode, or at least when the game doesn't end in a few short moments!  :D

It's better than nothing, I would say in this case.
I'd take a sea worm any time over a hundred emotionless spinning carriers.
irc.appliedirc.com / #aiwar
AI War Facebook
AI War Steam Group

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk