Author Topic: Beta 1.001 (Guided Tour Improvements, Fullscreen Resolution Additions)  (Read 3860 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
The current official version of Tidalis is still 1.000.  These later beta versions are previews of content-to-come, and will later be "officially" released via Steam, Impulse, etc, once our vetting process is over with the new changes and features.

Full release notes: http://arcengames.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Tidalis_-_1.001_Beta_Release

The official release of Tidalis has come and gone, and the game has now been officially in the hands of players and reviews for a week now. Overall things are looking great, but there are a few things that players have found or have suggested that we wanted to take care of. This beta update marks the first steps toward our first free DLC update for Tidalis (which will also include fixes for the various post-release reported bugs, most of which are thankfully pretty minor). The official release of this DLC update is expected to be sometime this week or next week, but for now this is the first of at least two or three beta updates to come out in the meantime.

IMPORTANT - Direct Download Links

Unfortunately, after the 1.001 version was released it was discovered that the 1.000 version of the game has a broken download mechanism for its installer.  We ran into this one other time, all the way back at 0.401, so fortunately we have a simple mechanism for dealing with that.  If you simply download and run the manual patch program below for your operating system (Windows or Mac), then you'll be all set and future automatic updates should work just fine.

* Windows 1.001 Patch
* Mac OSX 1.001 Patch

We apologize for the inconvenience of this -- the 1.000 version fixed a problem with the Mac version of the updater, and unintentionally introduced this larger problem to both the Windows and Mac versions of the game.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 05:04:01 pm by x4000 »
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline KingIsaacLinksr

• Master Member
  • A Paladin Without A Crusade...
It keeps giving me an error statement that it can't read a certain file, it also will go directly to installing the file rather than download, THEN install the file, I'm kinda to the point I'm thinking I should uninstall, then reinstall Tidalis.  See if a fresh copy of the game will once and for all get rid of the errors.  What do you think?

King
Casual reviewer with a sense of justice.
Visit the Arcen Mantis to help: https://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/
A Paladin's Blog. Long form videogame reviews focusing on mechanics and narrative analyzing. Plus other stuff. www.kingisaaclinksr.com

Offline CautiousChaos

I, too, am getting that error.  Here's the dialog text:

"There has been an error.
Error reading file c:/Program Files/Tidalis/RuntimeData/updates/updatelist.txt
The application will exit now"

-cc

Offline eRe4s3r

• Core Member Mark II
Same here (steam version)  ;D

--- Don't read this part if you don't want to read my inane OT brabblings ---

Some very smart people can infer from these patch notes what my real name is too ;) (And solve a mystery as to who that mystery German is in the AI War credits and what he had to do with making explosions and stuff ;P)

(I don't mind, just found that very funny ;p) - Given that all my commissions know me by my real name - and even apparently at least 1 game magazine - i guess one of these days i really have to update my deviantart page with my real name too...  ::)

And very very soon (21st August) you will find my name in some other 4X game's credits as well (although there as employed texture-artist and graphic guy... and modeler too (but only few things) ,p) Yay me ;P

--- OT brabblings over  ;D
Proud member of the Initiative for Bigger Weapons EV. - Bringer of Additive Blended Doom - Vote for Lore, get free cookie

Offline BajaBoojum

• Newbie Mark II
I have the same update problem.  Details in Tidalis Bugs thread.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
Okay guys, sorry about this, this was a bug on my part.  Took a bit to get this fully fixed, but now there is a manual patch you can use to get to 1.001, and then after that the automatic patches should work again.  Please see the updated original post in this thread.

Again, sorry about this.  I had been so worried about potential issues with some OSX copies of the updater that I went and caused this larger issue, naturally.  :-[

On another topic: eRe4s3r, glad there's no problem with including your real name, you'd asked for that on the art, etc, for AI War so I just kept going as you'd previously requested.  Certainly people know my real name, so we're both in the same boat with that, as with most people that produce anything for public consumption. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline CautiousChaos

I almost feel like I should put forth my real name.  Okay, here goes.

-  Margaret Thatcher.  No, that's not going to work.
-  Doctor Joyce Brothers.  Nah. 
-  Lindsay Lohan.  Oh, forgot she's in prison.
-  The-artist-formerly-known-as-Prince-who-then-went-back-to-Prince-and-made-fun-of-the-Internet.

I like that.  Rolls off the tongue. 

It's either that or CautiousPants. 

-cc

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
Funny funny. :)  Don't worry, we don't expect or require real names -- I very much understand the desire for privacy, and it was something I always maintained until starting Arcen, too.  After that point... well, not much way to stay private.

At any rate, new release with an important bugfix: http://www.arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,6507.0.html

Offline jello

You will be updating the Steam version of Tidalis like every other game on Steam is updated, won't you? Okay, like most games on Steam are updated. But exactly that's the point: I don't want another game, I have to update via a stand-alone updater. :-\

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
Yep, steam and impulse will update tidalis as normal, but only for official versions (as we do with ai war). If you want early access to the new stuff via the betas, that's the only time you need to use our updater if you have the game through steam or impulse. So no worries! :)

Offline jello

Good to hear. Thank you. :)

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
You bet! :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk