Author Topic: The Grasslands -- Descent  (Read 5355 times)

Offline RCIX

• Core Member Mark II
  • Avatar credit goes to Spookypatrol on League forum
The Grasslands -- Descent
« on: August 05, 2010, 12:08:37 am »
This one should be fairly tough, as it should involve quite a bit of thinking to clear every block on the board. The win conditions are because Plastic blocks somehow count toward the "all blocks" meter, so i had to set it so you didn't have to clear them.
Avid League player and apparently back from the dead!

If we weren't going for your money, you wouldn't have gotten as much value for it!

Oh, wait... *causation loop detonates*

Offline triggerman602

• Sr. Member Mark II
Re: The Grasslands -- Descent
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 01:13:18 am »
Very good puzzle. It took me about 4 tries to solve it.

Offline RCIX

• Core Member Mark II
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 01:31:35 am »
:O
i can't solve it now (beyond the test solving), and I made it! :)

If we weren't going for your money, you wouldn't have gotten as much value for it!

Offline Fiskbit

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Master Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 02:00:24 am »
Got it on my second try; I missed some stuff on the bottom on the first try (the bottom green and magenta in that right column). Definitely an interesting puzzle that made me very happy I have smart drag enabled. :P Good work.

I recommend for your future puzzles that you use wall blocks rather than the actual wall for clarity's sake. The wall that changes the shape of the grid is very hard to see if it's not on the edges; the two wall blocks are blocks that aren't affected by gravity and are intended to act as walls inside the well. The wall feature should only be used if it's giving the well an interesting shape (which was done for a few puzzles, such as Puzzle 4 - 9). Adhering to this keeps your puzzles feeling polished and being easily playable.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.  Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline RCIX

• Core Member Mark II
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 02:16:17 am »
I honestly don't know what most of the special blocks do in the editor, but i'll try and remember that ;)

Offline Fiskbit

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Master Member Mark III
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 02:38:55 am »
You may want to go through the special block tutorials (and the advanced tutorials, if you haven't already). The special block tutorials certainly aren't required to figure these blocks out -- going through the adventure mode should make you familiar enough with all the different blocks, and there is information in Help that will explain everything -- but you may find it useful. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.  Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2010, 10:55:35 am »
Added to the Community Brainteasers for official version 1.005!  Thanks so much for the submission!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk