Author Topic: Pretty Average Puzzle - My Second  (Read 9726 times)

Offline triggerman602

• Sr. Member Mark II
Pretty Average Puzzle - My Second
« on: June 17, 2010, 09:54:00 pm »
This is my second puzzle. I think it should be difficult but id like to know how fast a pro can do it. Feedback is appreciated.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 10:07:54 pm by triggerman602 »

Offline RCIX

• Core Member Mark II
  • Avatar credit goes to Spookypatrol on League forum
Re: Pretty Average Puzzle - My Second
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 06:51:33 pm »
I'll try yours if you try mine -- please? :)
Avid League player and apparently back from the dead!

If we weren't going for your money, you wouldn't have gotten as much value for it!

Oh, wait... *causation loop detonates*

Offline triggerman602

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 07:38:51 pm »
Deal. :)

Offline RCIX

• Core Member Mark II
  • Avatar credit goes to Spookypatrol on League forum
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 09:46:06 pm »
I'm looking at it, and... I have no clue. It's not your fault, i'm just not good at puzzles :(
Avid League player and apparently back from the dead!

If we weren't going for your money, you wouldn't have gotten as much value for it!

Oh, wait... *causation loop detonates*

Offline jkefka

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 12:11:09 pm »
I'll give this one a whirl...but please try one of mine!  (especially "eat this."  I think my earlier puzzles scared people off, but it shouldn't be all that hard...)

Offline jkefka

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 12:53:14 pm »
I beat it, eventually.  My solution was a little strange in that rather than trying to clear all of a color at once (my usual approach) I ended up clearing most of the colors in two separate chains, and have a bunch of chains go off simultaneously.  If that was the intent, very cool, if it wasn't I think it's an interesting approach to keep in mind...

Difficulty-wise, though, I think it's probably on the harder end of average.  I always wish this game had a replay or slow-mo mode where I could watch the chain develop and see what the "next step" should be, so I had to set it up and let it run a few times for every permutation I tried just to see how it broke down.  In any case, it has the same thing that a lot of my puzzles have that people seem to dislike which is there are just a lot of blocks on the board.  Most of fiskbit's "official" puzzles have relatively few actual blocks, just a strange arrangement or placement.  I personally like this kind of puzzle, but it's a little harder than "Average" to play.  I personally enjoy it, but I like hard puzzles.

Please try some of mine and let me know what you think!  :D

Offline Fiskbit

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Master Member Mark III
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 02:07:49 pm »
I always wish this game had a replay or slow-mo mode where I could watch the chain develop

Try hitting -

:)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.  Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline jkefka

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 05:03:11 pm »
...Of course.  Man, there's so many cool features I forget some of them.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2010, 11:01:18 am »
Added to the Community Brainteasers for official version 1.005!  Thanks so much for the submission!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk