Author Topic: Wow, 1.003 feels really awesome!  (Read 1140 times)

Offline Darthcaboose

• Newbie Mark II
Wow, 1.003 feels really awesome!
« on: April 23, 2014, 01:05:15 am »
I know it's just a single patch, but it really feels like such a major improvement! Docking missions are now actually kind of difficult in that you can't just sit there and take all the shots, nor can you just spam abilities. Also, the new Burlust 'turmoil' mechanics are very, very interesting for the whole galactic political scene.

So, seriously. Kudos to ArcenGames for keeping the love going with this game. I'm certainly having a blast!

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Wow, 1.003 feels really awesome!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 08:31:00 am »
Awesome, thank you!  More great stuff incoming tonight that I think you'll like. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Rujasu

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 08:44:46 am »
The solar system really came to life with 1.003
Never had such an incredible game in the previous versions. I can build science outposts in almost negative months!
The new ship types also made the combat incredible. Having Skylaxian Battle Carriers and Acutian Executors face off against each other while both try to destroy my outpost is a whole new kind of bullet hell.
Haven't tried the AFA cleanup mission yet since I'm not in a hurry to start the federation, is that still 20 ships vs 1 without those allies the description mentions?

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 09:10:38 am »
@Ljas: Not sure if sarcasm or seriousness.  Can you clarify?  As for AFA cleanup, that is something we'll get to today, thanks.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Rujasu

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 09:19:41 am »
...Alright, that did come off as a little sarcastic, now that I reread it. The intention was to say that everything's suddenly awesome.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 09:43:50 am »
Oh, good then! :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk