Author Topic: Winning the game with only Andors alive  (Read 1947 times)

Offline PokerChen

• Hero Member Mark III
Winning the game with only Andors alive
« on: June 09, 2014, 12:47:33 pm »
 I browsed over the steam achievement for the N-th time, and suddenly realised - Andors won't take any planets, so how would it be possible to obtain the victory conditions? Would it be possible to eliminate the entire solar system with both Acutians and finish off with an evuck self-explosion, so that there remains only one intact planet at the end? :P

Offline topper

Re: Winning the game with only Andors alive
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 01:44:49 pm »
Lately, I have been considering a game situation to end up with no races left using a similar strategy.

I thought maybe we could break it out for Heads of the Hydral 2: Revenge of the Hydral. Where the stated goal would be to wipe out every race if it is even possible (we would need to carefully select a gamestart layout.) Maybe Chris or Keith or someone who has done it could enlighten us on if this is even possible. I imagine it involves the Acuatians planet-cracking most of the system and then the Evucks finishing the last few planets with a gas giant ignition.

I am going to wait until the current game is done over on the AAR forum. Sorry to hijack for an advertisment, but we are still looking for players!

Offline MaskityMask

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 02:43:50 pm »
Well... Evuc gas giant explosion only destroys planets near it. So if you destroy all planets outside its range with acutians(assuming androns are outside as well) and then let evucs explode themselves, androns would be only ones left

Offline Teal_Blue

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 04:32:47 pm »
has anyone actually tried one of these approaches? i mean can it really be done this way?

-Teal

Offline lovekawakawaii

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 05:51:23 pm »
The Andors definitely do take planets, despite what the in-game text says. Just make sure they are much stronger and hate their enemies.
More music. More monsters. More to explore. More AI War.

Offline topper

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 05:53:45 pm »
The Andors definitely do take planets, despite what the in-game text says. Just make sure they are much stronger and hate their enemies.
I think that was a bug that has since been fixed. What patch did you see that in?

Offline lovekawakawaii

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2014, 05:56:50 pm »
Version 1.019 (Solar Wind)
Acutians: attitude no higher than -25, must outnumber enemy by 4x
Andors: attitude no higher than -500, must outnumber enemy by 5x
Boarines: attitude no higher than -100, must outnumber enemy by 4x
Burlusts: attitude no higher than 100, must outnumber enemy by 2x
Evucks: attitude no higher than 50, must outnumber enemy by 4x
Peltians: attitude no higher than -200, must outnumber enemy by 4x
Thoraxians: attitude no higher than 200, must outnumber enemy by 2x
Skylaxians: attitude no higher than -100, must outnumber enemy by 2x
More music. More monsters. More to explore. More AI War.

Offline topper

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2014, 08:11:23 pm »
your patch-notes quote refers to attacks of opportunity, not invading planets.

also
Quote from: 1.021
The attacker tooltips that mention bombardment and ground combat now also mention when an attacker is deliberately refraining from those actions (Skylaxians and Andors don't bomb, and Andors don't invade). Also uses an alternate string for Peltian invader "ground combat".

Andors not invading was not a new thing, there just were some bugs at various stages that still allowed them to take a planet rarely.

Offline TheDarkMaster

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2014, 05:14:00 am »
The Andors were one of the first races to attack the Burlusts in one of my games once the Burlust public order was like -400, so yes, they'll attack and take planets if they really hate someone.

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2014, 07:45:34 am »
The Andors were one of the first races to attack the Burlusts in one of my games once the Burlust public order was like -400, so yes, they'll attack and take planets if they really hate someone.
The planet taking part of this is most likely a bug if the save is from a current version. Care to mantis it?
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline PokerChen

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2014, 01:55:23 pm »
The Andors can and do attack - they should eliminate the space fleets, but they should also completely refuse bombardment, and send ground forces rarely.

The current versions should have Andors sign a peace treaty with their target race when they are on the verge of actually taking a planet, instead of actually taking it.

Offline TheDarkMaster

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2014, 02:25:33 pm »
That was one of my first games, and the planet never actually changed hands.  I eventually personally killed off the whole of the Andor fleets since I managed to get the Burlusts into the federation.  In the end the only two planets to change hands were the Andors and the Boarines, everyone else was in the federation.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk