Author Topic: Will the Andor execute assisting actions on their own?  (Read 1243 times)

Offline GC13

• Full Member Mark III
Will the Andor execute assisting actions on their own?
« on: May 04, 2014, 03:44:23 pm »
In the most recent game I played, the Evucks came to despise the Andor because they resented assistance. However, I never asked the Andor to help anyone, and the Skylaxians, Thoraxians, and Peltians also showed opinion as though the Andor had given them assistance.

The only reason the Andor didn't hate the Skylaxians was the "Happy to Assist" bonus; otherwise, the attitude buildings the Skylaxians had should have greatly angered the Andor.
Furthermore, it is my opinion that Hari must be destroyed.

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
Re: Will the Andor execute assisting actions on their own?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 04:02:09 pm »
I noticed it, but I have no explanation. I also tested it just now in a short observer game. The Andorians did something to the Thoraxians to get the bonus. Nothing was in the log. Nothing was in the event history. The Andorians were spacefaring, but the Thoraxians were still planet bound.
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

Offline GC13

• Full Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 04:48:46 pm »
Well, I watched them doing it in an observer game. It seems they have some logic for providing RCI aid to races who have very low stats or who have stats that are trending down. I was hesitant to report it, as it seems in-character for the Andor, but they'll do it regardless of what party is in power (or at least I've caught them doing it with Abstainers and Roboticists, neither of whom are Samaritans). It's also a big problem, as I've had them die because rather than being "sensible" and turning away Andor aid teams the Evucks allowed them to help them and then killed them for it.

So... Mantised.
Furthermore, it is my opinion that Hari must be destroyed.

Offline Teal_Blue

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 06:20:21 pm »
In the most recent game I played, the Evucks came to despise the Andor because they resented assistance. However, I never asked the Andor to help anyone, and the Skylaxians, Thoraxians, and Peltians also showed opinion as though the Andor had given them assistance.

The only reason the Andor didn't hate the Skylaxians was the "Happy to Assist" bonus; otherwise, the attitude buildings the Skylaxians had should have greatly angered the Andor.

it appears to be a blanket condition applied to all other
Races. I think it just needs a little tweaking to apply a little more finesse and apply different behaviors for different circumstances. easy fix I should think, perhaps not quickly done, but certainly not overly complicated. give the some room and I think it will get changed shortly.
:)
-Teal

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 08:53:37 am »

In terms of game lore and whatnot, it strikes me that the Evucks are missing a few screws.  "How dare you save our entire race from certain horrible shrieking doom!!!  HAVE AT YOU!!!!" followed by, of course, lots of horrible toxic dumping and plagues and such.

Offline Scribblon

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 07:13:46 am »
Can confirm.

I was had a great start. Everyone loved everyone. Well, except the Acutians. They were my starting race, and it didn't matter how hard I tried, they kept recenting me. As I was at least liked by all the other races they became easy pickings for the more evil races. I first tried to defend them, but it hurt me more than it aided my relation with the Acutians. At some point I just gave up on them.  The Burlusk had been itching for a fight for a while finally saw their chances when I started to side with the attackers. But then it a 'Anti-gamibling' (==bad economics) event happened on their planet.

Now to the part related to the thread (:P): The Andors started to help the Burlusk, even though I couldn't rise the economy stat myself. I think the Andors just kept sending help over and over, with no change to the negative economy stat. It didn't help the Samaritans were the ruling party -_- . It went from an healthy 50 to a -350. The fun part the Andors loved them +400!

I guess I have a war at hand down the road. But (I guess) as I am Idolized by both of them, got a ton of leverage with the current prime warlord and the Burlusk are greatly outpowered by the Andors at the moment. No war has started yet... The only problem, the keep lashing their frustration out on the Thoraxians... Even after years of 'being at war', they are neutral to each other. But I fear the moment the Acutians (their common enemy) finally falls.

EDIT: typos.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 07:16:45 am by Scribblon »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk