General Category > The Last Federation

Where we are with TLF, in general, 3/14.

<< < (2/3) > >>

YoukaiCountry:
The auto-resolve combat sounds a lot like the combat in King of Dragon Pass, a very detailed strategy game with a choose-your-own-adventure style interface. It was immersive and fun, and I'm really looking forward to this.
Sometimes leveraging the player's imagination can do so much! I think it sounds like the combat system that really fits in with the rest of the game.

I'll probably actually do small unimportant battles in the action mode, and actually use the auto-resolve for important battles, because it will possibly be more dramatic. The exact opposite of what auto-resolve is usually used for, haha.

Link to game I'm talking about on gog store for reference:
http://www.gog.com/game/king_of_dragon_pass

Mick:

--- Quote from: YoukaiCountry on March 14, 2014, 03:36:05 pm ---The auto-resolve combat sounds a lot like the combat in King of Dragon Pass, a very detailed strategy game with a choose-your-own-adventure style interface. It was immersive and fun, and I'm really looking forward to this.
Sometimes leveraging the player's imagination can do so much!

--- End quote ---

Yeah, talk about a diamond in the rough. That's one of my all time favorite games. <hipster voice> I was into it before it was known. </hipster voice> But in all seriousness, before the game was re-released on iOS, it felt good having that game as a "hidden treasure" no one else heard of. I'm sure they developer didn't share my attitude though...

ulu:
I'm really looking forward to the release date. Even it has been shifted to mid or late April. I'm eager to buy it :D
Maybe you could post some new screenshots of the sim screen to get an impression of the current state of the game. The last bits of information were all about changes in the combat system and it has been a while since the last pics of the main sim were shown.  :P
Keep going! For me its all very promising!

chemical_art:

--- Quote from: Mick on March 14, 2014, 03:47:49 pm ---
--- Quote from: YoukaiCountry on March 14, 2014, 03:36:05 pm ---The auto-resolve combat sounds a lot like the combat in King of Dragon Pass, a very detailed strategy game with a choose-your-own-adventure style interface. It was immersive and fun, and I'm really looking forward to this.
Sometimes leveraging the player's imagination can do so much!

--- End quote ---

Yeah, talk about a diamond in the rough. That's one of my all time favorite games. <hipster voice> I was into it before it was known. </hipster voice> But in all seriousness, before the game was re-released on iOS, it felt good having that game as a "hidden treasure" no one else heard of. I'm sure they developer didn't share my attitude though...

--- End quote ---

If we want to talk about being unique, I consider KoDP a "bad" game, because while it was deep, it provided little documentation. If you need to google every other action to avoid a loss...the game itself is not great. So no, I wouldn't consider the game great. A "deep" game in of itself is not "great", it takes more then that.

Cyborg:

--- Quote from: chemical_art on March 14, 2014, 05:16:29 pm ---If we want to talk about being unique, I consider KoDP a "bad" game, because while it was deep, it provided little documentation. If you need to google every other action to avoid a loss...the game itself is not great. So no, I wouldn't consider the game great. A "deep" game in of itself is not "great", it takes more then that.

--- End quote ---

Did you read the manual? There is some discovery like any other game, but you should be able to handle it. It does require being familiar with the lore, and why shouldn't it, since it is a text adventure of sorts?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version