Author Topic: What could possibly go wrong?  (Read 1026 times)

Offline Hearteater

• Core Member
What could possibly go wrong?
« on: September 16, 2014, 12:46:01 am »
Started my first game. Thoraxians sound pretty mean and nasty. Ok, thanks for the advice tutorial pop-ups, but Thoraxians they get into space first. Let's also gift them some tech and prop their medicine RCI from -something to Awesome levels, because that might have been holding them back. I'm certain I'm playing this right and nothing could possibly go wrong by helping these guys so much. My long-term plan is, "Join the Federation, or else."

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
Re: What could possibly go wrong?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 01:32:09 am »
Thoraxians are only bad if they are not on your side and you have to extinguish them. On your side however you have a powerful ground force (and ground force is important if a race wants to conquer a planet) that ypu can use to your liking.
One problem however is that the queen as her own moods and will only do stugg depending on her mood. You CAN bribe her to change her mood but you cannot directly control what mood she gets.
And getting a warlike mood while you want to negioate with another race is a very negative impact.

As far as I remember bribing also does no change her mood in an instant but it speeds it up. You still have to wait a little time and return so you can benefit from it. I can, however, be very wrong on this part.

I find the Burlusts actually much worse than the Thoxians. While the Thoxians are unpredictable, powerful and hard to handle the Burlusts are "always" in warmode. They will be probably the race that declares the most wars and they will rarely stop. Also negioating with them is hard because they pefer actions over words. Challeging a warlord can give you a lot of bonus on the next warlord but when you've killed a warlord there will be a "barfight-party" or something like that happens where you have to wait for a LONG time until you can engage with them again.
God, I hate how you have to interact with Burlusts...

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
Re: What could possibly go wrong?
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 02:07:33 am »
Thoraxians are only bad if they are not on your side and you have to extinguish them. On your side however you have a powerful ground force (and ground force is important if a race wants to conquer a planet) that ypu can use to your liking.
One problem however is that the queen as her own moods and will only do stugg depending on her mood. You CAN bribe her to change her mood but you cannot directly control what mood she gets.
And getting a warlike mood while you want to negioate with another race is a very negative impact.

As far as I remember bribing also does no change her mood in an instant but it speeds it up. You still have to wait a little time and return so you can benefit from it. I can, however, be very wrong on this part.

I find the Burlusts actually much worse than the Thoxians. While the Thoxians are unpredictable, powerful and hard to handle the Burlusts are "always" in warmode. They will be probably the race that declares the most wars and they will rarely stop. Also negioating with them is hard because they pefer actions over words. Challeging a warlord can give you a lot of bonus on the next warlord but when you've killed a warlord there will be a "barfight-party" or something like that happens where you have to wait for a LONG time until you can engage with them again.
God, I hate how you have to interact with Burlusts...

Yeah, interacting with the Burlusts can be a pain.

And Burlust warlords are about to get alot more difficult to defeat, with the expansion.  Quite a bit tougher, yes...

I'm thinking that there does need to be at least a couple more options for interacting with these guys, definitely.  Though the warlords will probably still remain fairly important.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk