Author Topic: A few questions  (Read 1603 times)

Offline Poulpe

• Newbie Mark III
A few questions
« on: June 10, 2014, 04:26:41 pm »
I've tried unsuccessfully to find answers to these questions, so I'm asking here :)
(I'm not good in English, you can be a grammar nazi with me if you want lol)

1 - The attitude gain via the trade route can be stacked ? if I put 2 trade routes between the same 2 planets, will there be a greater gain of attitude than with just 1 trade route ?

2 - Race A has 2 planet (earth and mars) and race B has only 1 planet (Venus)
There is a trade route between Venus and Earth, and a trade route between Venus and Mars.
How will work the attitude gain ?

3 - Sometimes, I can't put a Trend on a planet. I have a message that say "This planet cannot have any trends right now."
Why is there a restriction, and how can we bypass it ?

4 - What are the factors that determines the price to paid to invite a race in the Federation ?
They are very fluctuating.

5 - what are the RCI values that determine the "Wellbeing admiration" between the races ?

Offline Teal_Blue

• Hero Member Mark II
Re: A few questions
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 07:21:34 pm »
sorry i'm not any help, but i don't know the answers to your questions, but i didn't want your question to sit here. Someone should be along shortly that can give you a good answer.   :)

-Teal

Offline PokerChen

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 06:35:24 am »
3) Sometimes there is an event that drastically affects the RCI values of a planet. I believe trends are disabled while some of these events are running - that I have noticed. I presume it prevents the incongruity when you try to, e.g. encourage a positive Economic trend when there is a global stockmarket crash. The effect of the latter will outstrip the former.

4) Races have their own default values, and there is a modifier based on the relations they have with you (in the past versions), etc. In the current version they may also have a modifier based on relationships with the existing federation races.
 So, previously Thoraxians require millions of credit, but Acutians are relatively cheap.

5) I'm not certain on wellbeing admiration - it can also be a relative difference between the two races in question.

Offline Poulpe

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 02:18:20 pm »
Thanks for the answers :)

I've got a new one.
I've tried the achivement to win the game after the  Trifecta of superiority has formed. But when I destroy this ai federation, I got a bug that prevent me to continue the game (reported on mantis).

Did you you have this bug too ?
I want to know if I can try with a new game or if it's useless for now.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 03:33:04 pm by Poulpe »

Offline PokerChen

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 04:10:51 pm »
I... have a strong hand in chastising races, so I haven't had a trifecta yet.

I thought the issue with the infinite loop message alert would have been enough to warrant a hotfix - have you bugged Chris again about it? Or is this a different bug?

Offline Poulpe

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2014, 05:55:41 pm »
Yes It's an infinite loop message.

I've reported it here http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/view.php?id=15395
With the category : Bug - Other
And Severity : Block (because it's blocking the game)
I may have choose the wrong category or severity.

Offline Poulpe

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2014, 06:08:54 am »
I've just notices this, but at war the skylaxians and andors send most of their armada to suicide.
When there is 0 defensive armada on a planet, the skylaxians and Andors keep orbiting the planet.
They never bombard the planet so they are just here waiting to be shooted by the planetary ion cannons.

I am missing something ?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk