Author Topic: TLF Version 3.003 Released! And AI War II kickstarter!  (Read 14345 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
TLF Version 3.003 Released! And AI War II kickstarter!
« on: October 18, 2016, 09:09:49 pm »
Original: http://arcengames.com/the-last-federation-version-3-003-released/

Bugfixes and an AI War II kickstarter notice on the main menu.  The release notes cover the details, and we hope that you enjoy those fixes. :)

We also hope you'll stop by the campaign for AI War II and see if you think it's worth your time and/or money.  We are having an exceedingly hard time reaching our existing players for AI War Classic and The Last Federation -- of which we need only a tiny percent to actually back the kickstarter -- and as such, our kickstarter is stalling.

We have a variety of ways in which we're working on pulling out of the stall, but by far the best option is getting the message out to people who would directly be interested.  Hopefully that includes you if you're reading this (possibly you like TLF, but were put off by the learning curve of AI War -- which is a key thing we're addressing in the sequel), but please also spread the word to other players you know who might have missed this!

Best,
Chris Park
Founder and Lead Designer, Arcen Games
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline steelwing

Re: TLF Version 3.003 Released! And AI War II kickstarter!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 05:44:39 pm »
Trying to get an update.  I just reinstalled 3.0 (with all DLCs), and I'm not getting told there's an update.  What firewall ports have to be open for updates to be detected and downloaded?

Offline steelwing

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 11:24:55 am »
Tried completely disabling my firewall, and the game still doesn't detect updates.  The version showing in the upper left is 3.000.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 01:52:32 pm »
This... is super perplexing.  Can you look inside your game folder and then in LastFederation_Data and post your output.log?  There may also be error logs with recent data in them.  I'm wondering if the formatting is being mangled by Amazon somehow... or if _I_ managled it with editing it in the new version of visual studio or something.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline steelwing

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 03:58:00 pm »
Sure.
Here's ArcenDebugLog.txt
Here's Unity's Player.log
Those are the only log files I know to look for.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2016, 04:17:57 pm »
Well THAT is odd, but it explains a lot:

Code: [Select]
rcenAsyncFile 351 thread failed with exception:
System.NotSupportedException: http://lastfed.s3.amazonaws.com/tlfupdateslist.xml
  at System.Net.WebRequest.GetCreator (System.String prefix) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Net.WebRequest.Create (System.Uri requestUri) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Net.WebRequest.Create (System.String requestUriString) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ArcenAsyncFile.LoadData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ArcenAsyncFile.<StartLoad>b__0 (System.Object ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Net.WebRequest.GetCreator (System.String prefix) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Net.WebRequest.Create (System.Uri requestUri) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Net.WebRequest.Create (System.String requestUriString) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ArcenAsyncFile.LoadData () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ArcenAsyncFile.<StartLoad>b__0 (System.Object ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I have a call in 15, but I'll see what I can dig up this evening.

Pasting that gives me:

<Error>
<Code>NoSuchKey</Code>
<Message>The specified key does not exist.</Message>
<Key>tlfupdateslist.xml</Key>
<RequestId>737DC56CBDBD2A8D</RequestId>
<HostId>
fZB68Kc+xJWPLwjuCe4yOi3HqaQhFiKOyNjuiTImkfruQ/c8/zU3M5vfOAYNqatmY3eCIVr/Lv8=
</HostId>
</Error>

Offline steelwing

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2016, 06:05:02 pm »
Interesting...  If I visit http://lastfed.s3.amazonaws.com/, I get  a list of files that includes TLFUpdatesList.xml.  I guess that filename is case-sensitive.

Offline steelwing

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2016, 05:30:24 pm »
Interesting...  If I visit http://lastfed.s3.amazonaws.com/, I get  a list of files that includes TLFUpdatesList.xml.  I guess that filename is case-sensitive.
OK, just so you know, I was able to manually download the update files, unzip them, and move the right files into place.  So the updates are applied for me.   :D
Hopefully, the fix is as easy as just renaming that xml file on S3 so it matches the all-lowercase name the game expects to find.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2016, 09:21:27 pm »
Okay, this should be fixed now.  I'm not sure why it suddenly went case-sensitive on Amazon S3 when previously not being so, but it appears that has happened.  Thanks for the sleuthing!

Offline steelwing

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2016, 05:29:36 am »
Not a problem. :)

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2016, 07:25:49 pm »
I just noticed this update and I think its inspired me to play tlf again probably just betrayal to get back into the swing of things initially though.
c.r

Offline steelwing

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2016, 01:50:12 pm »
I just noticed this update and I think its inspired me to play tlf again probably just betrayal to get back into the swing of things initially though.
I've actually been wanting to get back into it, but I was waiting for an RCI stat bug to get fixed.

Offline Chiffonnier

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2016, 06:35:48 pm »
I am also trying to get an update, but am stuck on 3.002. I have both expansions installed, and I've tried on two different machines to update, shutting down both Avira antivirus and its firewall. No luck. Here is my output log. Please note that I bought this game on GOG, not Steam. Thanks.
Initialize engine version: 4.2.1f4 (4d30acc925c2)
GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
Direct3D:
    Version:  Direct3D 9.0c [aticfx32.dll 21.19.164.1]
    Renderer: AMD Radeon R9 200 / HD 7900 Series
    Vendor:   ATI
    VRAM:     3050 MB (via DXGI)
    Caps:     Shader=30 DepthRT=1 NativeDepth=1 NativeShadow=1 DF16=1 DF24=1 INTZ=1 RAWZ=0 NULL=1 RESZ=1 SlowINTZ=1
Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
Platform assembly: O:\The Last Federation\LastFederation_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading O:\The Last Federation\LastFederation_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: O:\The Last Federation\LastFederation_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading O:\The Last Federation\LastFederation_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: O:\The Last Federation\LastFederation_Data\Managed\Lidgren.Network.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading O:\The Last Federation\LastFederation_Data\Managed\Lidgren.Network.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: O:\The Last Federation\LastFederation_Data\Managed\Ionic.Zip.Reduced.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading O:\The Last Federation\LastFederation_Data\Managed\Ionic.Zip.Reduced.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: O:\The Last Federation\LastFederation_Data\Managed\ExcelLibrary.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading O:\The Last Federation\LastFederation_Data\Managed\ExcelLibrary.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: O:\The Last Federation\LastFederation_Data\Managed\I18N.CJK.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading O:\The Last Federation\LastFederation_Data\Managed\I18N.CJK.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: O:\The Last Federation\LastFederation_Data\Managed\I18N.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading O:\The Last Federation\LastFederation_Data\Managed\I18N.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: O:\The Last Federation\LastFederation_Data\Managed\I18N.MidEast.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading O:\The Last Federation\LastFederation_Data\Managed\I18N.MidEast.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: O:\The Last Federation\LastFederation_Data\Managed\I18N.Other.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading O:\The Last Federation\LastFederation_Data\Managed\I18N.Other.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: O:\The Last Federation\LastFederation_Data\Managed\I18N.Rare.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading O:\The Last Federation\LastFederation_Data\Managed\I18N.Rare.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: O:\The Last Federation\LastFederation_Data\Managed\I18N.West.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading O:\The Last Federation\LastFederation_Data\Managed\I18N.West.dll into Unity Child Domain
- Completed reload, in  0.075 seconds
<RI> Initializing input.

<RI> Input initialized.

desktop: 2560x1440 60Hz; virtual: 2560x1440 at 0,0
Platform assembly: O:\The Last Federation\LastFederation_Data\Managed\Steamworks.NET.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: O:\The Last Federation\LastFederation_Data\Managed\System.dll (this message is harmless)
Fallback handler could not load library O:/The Last Federation/LastFederation_Data/Mono/.\O:/The Last Federation/LastFederation_Data/Plugins/CSteamworks.dll
Fallback handler could not load library O:/The Last Federation/LastFederation_Data/Mono/.\O:/The Last Federation/LastFederation_Data/Plugins/CSteamworks
Fallback handler could not load library O:/The Last Federation/LastFederation_Data/Mono/libO:/The Last Federation/LastFederation_Data/Plugins/CSteamworks.dll
Fallback handler could not load library O:/The Last Federation/LastFederation_Data/Mono/.\libO:/The Last Federation/LastFederation_Data/Plugins/CSteamworks.dll
Fallback handler could not load library O:/The Last Federation/LastFederation_Data/Mono/libO:/The Last Federation/LastFederation_Data/Plugins/CSteamworks.dll
Steamworks Init

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/cac08d8a5e25d4cb/Runtime/ExportGenerated/StandalonePlayer/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 54)

Fallback handler could not load library O:/The Last Federation/LastFederation_Data/Mono/.\O:/The Last Federation/LastFederation_Data/Plugins/CSteamworks.dll
Fallback handler could not load library O:/The Last Federation/LastFederation_Data/Mono/.\O:/The Last Federation/LastFederation_Data/Plugins/CSteamworks
Fallback handler could not load library O:/The Last Federation/LastFederation_Data/Mono/.\libO:/The Last Federation/LastFederation_Data/Plugins/CSteamworks.dll
graphicsShaderLevel:30
graphicsDeviceID:26520
graphicsDeviceName:AMD Radeon R9 200 / HD 7900 Series
graphicsDeviceVendor:ATI
graphicsDeviceVendorID:4098
graphicsDeviceVersion:Direct3D 9.0c [aticfx32.dll 21.19.164.1]
graphicsMemorySize:3050
graphicsPixelFillrate:29600
operatingSystem:Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit
processorCount:8
processorType:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 870 @ 2.93GHz
supportsImageEffects:True
supportsRenderTextures:True
supportsShadows:True
supportsVertexPrograms:True
systemMemorySize:20472

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/cac08d8a5e25d4cb/Runtime/ExportGenerated/StandalonePlayer/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 54)

Platform assembly: O:\The Last Federation\LastFederation_Data\Managed\System.Xml.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: O:\The Last Federation\LastFederation_Data\Managed\System.Configuration.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: O:\The Last Federation\LastFederation_Data\Managed\Mono.Security.dll (this message is harmless)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 07:21:42 pm by Chiffonnier »

Offline steelwing

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2016, 07:14:02 am »
You can try manually downloading and applying the update, as follows:

You can try that to see if it lets you update.

Offline Chiffonnier

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2016, 08:19:31 am »
Those two downloads did solve the issue. I'm now showing 3.004. Thank you very much!  :) 
Do you think it will correct the problem for future updates?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk