Author Topic: TLF Version 1.900-2.007  (Read 21427 times)

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: TLF Version 1.900-2.006 (Tutorial And Story Touches)
« Reply #75 on: November 19, 2014, 10:51:31 am »
Positive relations with some races invokes talk of a federation in betryal mode.
I just did a quick sweep through the 298 lines in the loca file with the word "federation" and didn't see any as obviously possible-to-occur in a betrayal game.  Could you give a screenshot or save so I can see what it's saying and in what context?  Thanks :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
« Reply #76 on: November 19, 2014, 11:06:11 am »
Will do, i think it was part of the evuk (never can spell it right) but ill give you a screenshot tonight
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline Eternaly_Lost

« Reply #77 on: November 19, 2014, 11:23:45 am »
I did find one myself.

Bultist Warlords challenge to a duel on the prime on the first duel mentions that you need to defeat the prime once to get the Bultist to join the Federation.

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
« Reply #78 on: November 19, 2014, 09:05:54 pm »
I just did a quick sweep through the 298 lines in the loca file with the word "federation" and didn't see any as obviously possible-to-occur in a betrayal game.  Could you give a screenshot or save so I can see what it's saying and in what context?  Thanks :)

As a follow up, it is a graphical issue as part of the race specific political deals. Clicking it results in a blank menu. It is clutter more then anything.
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
Re: TLF Version 1.900-2.007
« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2014, 10:38:32 am »
New version with some changes of note: http://arcengames.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=The_Last_Federation_Post-2.0_Release_Notes#Version_2.007

Also, thanks for the clarification on the federation stuff, I know what you mean now on the political section.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2014, 12:00:27 pm »
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2014, 12:17:18 pm »
It is on his list for the next release.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Fleet Unity

• Full Member Mark III
« Reply #82 on: November 20, 2014, 01:03:07 pm »
I was just wondering now that you can no longer sell resources in betrayal mode is there ever going to be a way you can use your excess resources for something else like the other races can?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 01:23:41 pm by Fleet Unity »

Offline Fleet Unity

• Full Member Mark III
« Reply #83 on: November 20, 2014, 01:09:33 pm »
Also another quick question just wondering if you could change it to allow you to sell resources in betrayal mode only if you were playing in you are so OP or easy no higher, so if you just wanted an more easy game I am not sure if this would be hard to do just wondering so the option would be there if you wanted it but only on a low difficulty level.

Edit: or have it as a selectable option in the advanced setup to re enable it, but give you a lower score or disable achievements or something.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 01:23:59 pm by Fleet Unity »

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #84 on: November 20, 2014, 01:37:58 pm »
I did find one myself.

Bultist Warlords challenge to a duel on the prime on the first duel mentions that you need to defeat the prime once to get the Bultist to join the Federation.
For 2.008:

* Fixed a bug where the recently added prediction/result text for duel-prime-warlord about the burlusts now being willing to consider joining the federation was not prevented on invasion or betrayal mode.

That's the only place I could see the federation mentioned in connection with dueling the prime warlord.  If you find others in 2.008+ please include a screenshot and/or save.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #85 on: November 20, 2014, 01:41:57 pm »

As a follow up, it is a graphical issue as part of the race specific political deals. Clicking it results in a blank menu. It is clutter more then anything.
Ok, for 2.008:

* The "Federation" political-deal-category button on the politics window is now hidden in Betrayal and Invasion mode.

Offline Eternaly_Lost

« Reply #86 on: November 20, 2014, 02:00:23 pm »
Also another quick question just wondering if you could change it to allow you to sell resources in betrayal mode only if you were playing in you are so OP or easy no higher, so if you just wanted an more easy game I am not sure if this would be hard to do just wondering so the option would be there if you wanted it but only on a low difficulty level.

Edit: or have it as a selectable option in the advanced setup to re enable it, but give you a lower score or disable achievements or something.

I think it might have been better to lower the credit payout rate, rather then disable selling resources completely in betrayal mode. Maybe even by making it so that you can only sell to other planets rather then the black market, and each planet will only buy what they need and upto a certain limit.

But another use for them certainly would be nice.

Offline Fleet Unity

• Full Member Mark III
« Reply #87 on: November 20, 2014, 02:07:42 pm »

I think it might have been better to lower the credit payout rate, rather then disable selling resources completely in betrayal mode. Maybe even by making it so that you can only sell to other planets rather then the black market, and each planet will only buy what they need and upto a certain limit.

I agree its a shame because a few did not like it it was removed, and I mean no offense to them or anyone, but it was nice to have the option to sell them if you wanted or not all it takes is a little self control to decide if you want to sell them or not and removing it totally in my option was not a good idea but I may be alone on this.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 02:12:31 pm by Fleet Unity »

Offline Fleet Unity

• Full Member Mark III
« Reply #88 on: November 20, 2014, 02:15:42 pm »

I agree its a shame because a few did not like it it was removed, and I mean no offense to them or anyone, but it was nice to have the option to sell them if you wanted or not all it takes is a little self control to decide if you want to sell them or not and removing it totally in my option was not a good idea but I may be alone on this.

Or only let you sell so many every in game solar year I know some call it "exploitable" but have the option to do it if you want would have been nice even if it lowed your score or disabled achievements as a selectable option in the set up lobby or you can only sell resources on you are so overpowered or easy only.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #89 on: November 20, 2014, 02:19:38 pm »
Okay, onto Keith's todo list: "Instead of making it so that you can’t sell resources in betrayal mode, please make it so that the going rate for resources is 1000x lower than it normally would be"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk