Author Topic: TLF Version 1.702 Released (Obscura Rising)  (Read 2900 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
TLF Version 1.702 Released (Obscura Rising)
« on: November 06, 2014, 08:54:29 pm »
Original: http://arcengames.com/tlf-version-1-702-released-obscura-rising/

Version 1.702 is all about polish and balance for the Obscura.  This includes some of the Obscura ships at the individual-battle level, and then a bunch of balance changes to the way the Obscura grow and expand during Invasion mode.

Invasion mode started out as this kind of impossible thing, then the Obscura became a lot more weak over the last couple of weeks.  They are now back in force, but in a measured way that won't see you getting insta-killed within a few short years of starting the game, which could happen back earlier in the beta.

We're closing in on the release date for the official launch of the expansion. The target date is November 14th, so next Friday (not tomorrow). It's very exciting, and we're hitting a point where things are really settling down into a polished state, so that's quite nice.

Let us know how things are looking, if you have suggestions or bug reports, etc!

More to come soon. Enjoy!

This is a standard update that you can download through the in-game updater, or if you have Steam it will automatically update it for you. To force Steam to download it faster, just restart Steam and it will do so.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
Re: TLF Version 1.702 Released (Obscura Rising)
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 07:41:53 am »
Sounds great! I am looking forward to give them a shot next week! Also glad that you were able to pinpoint the issue in the saves I posted - I was a little worried since I could find no inkling why those games were playing out so differently.

EDIT: Kudos! Fighting the Obscura in a regular battle feels good for the first time on Normal - really challenging but doable! Swooping in, destroying 3/30 Obscura ships and getting the heck out feels great, especially if being able to pull it off two or three times in a row and thus actually helping the defending race - at least a bit - really fulfilling!

EDIT2: The strategic side of Invasion also feels much better!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 11:42:33 am by nas1m »
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline Mahboii

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 09:00:29 am »
Is there anything major coming in 3 days? Should I hold off on starting a new game?

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 09:06:29 am »
Is there anything major coming in 3 days? Should I hold off on starting a new game?
Usually savegames are backward-compatible no matter what they do, so fire away :).
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 01:48:46 pm »
Sorry for the delay in response.  Pretty much the last major version is coming out in about 5 minutes.  It's some balance stuff, story stuff, and tutorial stuff.  That's it!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk