Author Topic: TLF Version 1.002 Released (Tech Acquisitions And Planetary Attacks)  (Read 5260 times)

Offline Histidine

Re: TLF Version 1.002 Released (Tech Acquisitions And Planetary Attacks)
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2014, 11:52:42 pm »
Fixed a bug from recent versions where the orbital-bombardment and ground-attack checks would only ever happen at all for an attacking fleet if the defending planet had _exactly_ 1 defending armada (so if it had zero, no bombardment or invasion).
LOL
(especially funny because this was presumably caused by an intended fix to a bug I reported)

On that note, the one-armada rule strikes me as rather arbitrary. I'd probably have done something like this:

If attacker fleet strength >= 2x defender fleet strength, attackers can bombard while defences are still up, at N times their usual strength. N = 1 - (defender strength/attacker strength). Nerf base bombardment strength accordingly.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 11:55:00 pm by Histidine »

Offline BobTheJanitor

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2014, 12:03:57 am »
Loaded up my save and watched a whole bunch of planets flip suddenly. Hah.

Which 10 million hostile ships in orbit are you referring to? Oh you mean those ships -- help I am now on fire.

What's it take to get a new version announcement to show up in Steam's Recently Updated Games list? Probably another good way to keep getting periodic publicity once you do slip down the new release list, since it does actually show up at the top of the store page.

Offline DakaSha

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2014, 03:38:05 am »
Really unhappy with the decision to add more features before the game is in more than a semi playable state

Offline Chthon

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2014, 03:58:31 am »
Really unhappy with the decision to add more features before the game is in more than a semi playable state
How is the game not in a semi-playable state?  I found it quite playable, and enjoyable even.

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2014, 05:38:22 am »
Luckily adding features and fixing bugs tend to go well together with this studio. Have a little faith ;).
Also I think they are mainly talking content additions here, not so much complete additional subsystems...
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline windgen

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2014, 05:49:29 am »

Any chance we could see some action on #14272 / #14365 for the 1.003 release?  This is a pretty serious bug.  Two threads about it:

[1] http://www.arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,15285.0.html

[2] http://www.arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,15298.0.html

Offline Zeyi

• Jr. Member Mark II
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2014, 05:54:57 am »
Read the stickies, and report bugs properly using Mantis. Creating threads is not the best way to report bugs if you want them fixed promptly.. Arcen are always quick to remedy these situations but the huge influx of new people on here is just going to cause slow downs if people don't use the correct methods currently in place.

The game is highly playable  :-\

Offline Mick

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2014, 06:04:43 am »

People will jump on you for this, but it's a perfectly valid feeling to have with any game developer. Some players are much more sensitive to bugs than others. I personally feel like this game needs to bake a bit longer before I can really enjoy it.

That being said, I'm not concerned in this game's case because the new "features" are such a small proportion of the work being put in. Just look at the patch notes to see this is true.

Offline Karchedon

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2014, 06:56:40 am »
after new patch, skyxalians and evucks ate whole solar system in 30 years. Moreover they both hate me and i cannot fix it - no single influence points for any! Even if i defend homeworlds - no single influence points, assisting armada building - no relations improved, giving technology -guess what? I'm playing on normal difficulty. Please fix it!
Moreover Burlusts is declaring each other wars and being overwhelmed in about 6-7 minutes - happened twice in my games
and i forgot - when i was at evucks planet, assasins event happened to me... 7 times a row! Jesus! It was like my 825945 raids for technology in one planet before - now computer gave me payoff :D
will they be in next patch options for bigger battles? I'm tired of dealing with 4 flagships 7 times just to defend my outpost. Especially in early game it is quite boring doing same and same fights.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 07:33:00 am by Karchedon »

Offline Chthon

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2014, 07:50:10 am »

People will jump on you for this, but it's a perfectly valid feeling to have with any game developer. Some players are much more sensitive to bugs than others. I personally feel like this game needs to bake a bit longer before I can really enjoy it.

That being said, I'm not concerned in this game's case because the new "features" are such a small proportion of the work being put in. Just look at the patch notes to see this is true.
Not really jumping on him myself.  He simply stated it was unplayable without any sort of reasoning.  I was hoping to prompt him to give examples as to how he could not play.
after new patch, skyxalians and evucks ate whole solar system in 30 years. Moreover they both hate me and i cannot fix it - no single influence points for any! Even if i defend homeworlds - no single influence points, assisting armada building - no relations improved, giving technology -guess what? I'm playing on normal difficulty. Please fix it!
Moreover Burlusts is declaring each other wars and being overwhelmed in about 6-7 minutes - happened twice in my games
and i forgot - when i was at evucks planet, assasins event happened to me... 7 times a row! Jesus! It was like my 825945 raids for technology in one planet before - now computer gave me payoff :D
will they be in next patch options for bigger battles? I'm tired of dealing with 4 flagships 7 times just to defend my outpost. Especially in early game it is quite boring doing same and same fights.
The game does not have an active lose condition yet other than you dying.  However it sounds like at this point you have in fact lost.  If you let things spiral out of control and a race hates you enough, this will happen.  It's up to you to prevent that before it's too late.

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2014, 08:06:12 am »
I've been doing that as announcements.  Think it needs to go in the discussions, too?

I, for one, don't usually see the announcements nearly as much as a stickied discussion.

I would deffo add a sticky, too.

Offline Billick

• Full Member Mark III
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2014, 08:24:07 am »
I've been doing that as announcements.  Think it needs to go in the discussions, too?

I, for one, don't usually see the announcements nearly as much as a stickied discussion.

I would deffo add a sticky, too.
The only problem with this is that if you don't consistently post these, it looks like you're updating the game less frequently than you actually are (to somebody only reading the Steam forum).

Offline Pepisolo

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2014, 08:29:54 am »
The only problem with this is that if you don't consistently post these, it looks like you're updating the game less frequently than you actually are (to somebody only reading the Steam forum).

I agree that if you were to start posting these then you'd need to be consistent with them. You wouldn't be able to post an update on the forum and not on steam.  I think it'd be great because it'd show the steam fans what code ninjas you are. It's good for fans to know that they are being looked after.

Offline Karchedon

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2014, 08:52:53 am »

Not really jumping on him myself.  He simply stated it was unplayable without any sort of reasoning.  I was hoping to prompt him to give examples as to how he could not play.
The game does not have an active lose condition yet other than you dying.  However it sounds like at this point you have in fact lost.  If you let things spiral out of control and a race hates you enough, this will happen.  It's up to you to prevent that before it's too late.

-70 is hating enough? Come'on! Also why if I was destroying enemy ships no positive relations happened? only negative with owner of the ships. In one of my games i had -550 and i could repair it due to broking siege of planet for about 70 times :D For me it looks like bug. Cause in 1.001 there weren't any of that issues. System was more stable in there wasn't damn blitzkrieg across planets. Is there any way to downgrade?
and as I see i am not the only one with this bug: http://www.arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,15317.0.html
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 09:16:09 am by Karchedon »

Offline mrhanman

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2014, 09:33:34 am »
After several Steam restarts, half a dozen cache verifications, and waiting for eight hours, my game still hasn't updated.  Either that, or the version number on the main screen hasn't been updated.

EDIT: My Macbook updated, so maybe my PC will catch up eventually.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 09:35:09 am by mrhanman »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk