« on: November 11, 2015, 05:07:56 pm »
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 04:38:58 pm by Matt Damon »

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
Re: *** Part 3 ***
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 08:32:50 pm »
Let's Play The Last Federation - Part 3

Holy shit, the light bulb just turned on for me!  I totally understand the appeal of this game now.  It was while I was on one of the race screens that you can go to when you visit their planet.  Realizing that each race has its own unique political system and you have to make sure x amount of conditions are right before you can attempt certain things.  It totally makes sense now, YES!!!

Thoughts and Notes about Part 3 *** Please let me know if any of these ideas should be dismissed because they're retarded for a reason I'm unaware of, otherwise I'll throw them up on Mantis!

• I'm not sure if this is a typo or not (probably not) since I guess prices can change over time, but have a look:  For the text for one of the hostile actions against the Burlusts, "Criminal Activity: Hire Burlust Spies".  "This is a lot more expensive -- but less of a roll of the dice -- than buying gossip."  Buying spies costs exactly the same as buying spies: 5000 credit over 20s of relative time.  And apparently the price of buying gossip can go up as my relationship with the Burlusts goes down, so buying spies would get even cheaper by comparison.  Is this a typo?

Watch Part 3
hey so I'm going to bed so I won't respond your points in till tomorrow but I thought id mention that your sentence .buying spies costs exactly the same as buying spies. the second spies should be gossip unless the games doing that in which its definitely unintended.
c.r

Offline Speusippus

Re: Let's Play TLF: Through the Eyes of a First-Time Player
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 12:10:54 pm »
Do you know that almost the entirety of part 2, you are not showing the game but instead a static list  of suggested improvements? Most of the time, all I can do is listen to you play, I can't see what you're doing.

Offline Speusippus

Re: Let's Play TLF: Through the Eyes of a First-Time Player
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2015, 01:48:42 pm »
Also it seems like from the beginning all the way through part 5 you're reading the diplomacy chart wrong. You keep saying things like "nobody likes him" when actually the chart says he doesn't like anybody.

It seems like you're reading it in reverse, in other words.

You can tell by reading the text in the hover tooltips--if you hover over race X, it says "X attitude toward:" then lists all the races and gives a number. So if it lists race Y and gives a number like -25, then this means that X doesn't like Y. But you're treating the chart as though it were saying Y doesn't like X.

In terms of the chart, if there's a line between X and Y where the line is blue near X and red near Y, you're treating this as though it means X doesn't like Y. But it actually means Y doesn't like X.

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Neinzul Gardener Enclave
Re: .
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2015, 02:17:03 am »
Hey, what happened? I tagged your video as "watch latter" and now it's unavailable and labeled "private content" on youtube. Have you been attacked by Arcen for some legal issue? ??? I Don't even believe it.

What happened?
Please excuse my english: I'm not a native speaker. Don't hesitate to correct me.

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2015, 04:17:31 am »
He might've been hit with the "dislike brigade". I had that happen to my channel the other day. Thousands of dislikes all within an hour. Some people just like to troll, and some people get heartbroken when they get trolled. It's the sad state of the internet.
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!

Offline Aklyon

• Core Member
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2015, 09:05:29 am »
Could also be he wanted to redo the videos, but its probably something dumb like that, yeah.

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2015, 10:17:11 am »
Yap. Plausible.

Matt Damon, if you're still lurking this forum, I would love to see what you did. Maybe you want to improve it; if so, keep us updated. And if Mánagarmr is right, would you consider posting this video elsewhere, maybe only for Arcen's community people to see it? I don't know why you did it, I don't know what you can/want to do now, but just know that some people (including me) are interested in your work.

Cheer up!
Please excuse my english: I'm not a native speaker. Don't hesitate to correct me.

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2015, 12:21:01 pm »
Could also be he wanted to redo the videos, but its probably something dumb like that, yeah.
or he could have been kidnaped by communist spies that's always a possibility.
c.r

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2015, 12:40:44 pm »
I've just been called by the CIA. We're going to rescue him. I've been ordered to recruit a team from Arcen's community. Who's with me?

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2015, 01:07:39 pm »
I've just been called by the CIA. We're going to rescue him. I've been ordered to recruit a team from Arcen's community. Who's with me?
id love to join you but seeing as how I'm a rooster and not a human I don't have any opposable thumbs(or hands in general for that matter) I wouldn't be of any use to you still though god speed to you all! those dirty communists need to be stopped!.
c.r

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2015, 01:24:51 pm »
but seeing as how I'm a rooster and not a human I don't have any opposable thumbs(or hands in general for that matter)

* Draco18s stalks easy prey.

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2015, 01:35:09 pm »
id love to join you but seeing as how I'm a rooster and not a human I don't have any opposable thumbs(or hands in general for that matter) I wouldn't be of any use to you still though god speed to you all! those dirty communists need to be stopped!.
No problem, we have laser rifle with rooster-adapted handle and trigger. (Don's question it!)

but seeing as how I'm a rooster and not a human I don't have any opposable thumbs(or hands in general for that matter)

Hey, Draco! Wana join? We have velociraptor-adapted weapon too!

(I love this community :D)

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2015, 01:37:22 pm »
Hey, Draco! Wana join? We have velociraptor-adapted weapon too!

(I love this community :D)

I've got a squad (pack?) already. ;D

Offline crazyroosterman

• Master Member Mark II
  • Cluck.
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2015, 01:40:58 pm »
No problem, we have laser rifle with rooster-adapted handle and trigger. (Don's question it!)
*grabs laser rifle thanks pumpkin I guess ill be joining you after and hopefully I won't shoot any of our friends by ,axident, at least I won't if they stop creepily stalking me.
c.r

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk