Author Topic: quick start tech mission  (Read 4051 times)

Offline zespri

• Hero Member Mark III
quick start tech mission
« on: October 20, 2015, 01:30:26 am »
In the quick start where the game explains how to play, you have the first fight, then you advised to give out two spacefaring's, and after that the game tells you about tech. It says "there are now Research Technology dispatch missions that you can take on the most planets and in the Black Market"

There are two problem with that though. 1) There is no Black Market. 2) There is no option for Research Technology, when you looking at "Fiendly Acts" menu on a planet.

What am I missing?

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Neinzul Gardener Enclave
Re: quick start tech mission
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 04:40:30 am »
IIRC, non-spacefaring have barely no friendly acts available. Are you trying to research a tech with a non-spacefaring race?
Please excuse my english: I'm not a native speaker. Don't hesitate to correct me.

Offline zespri

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 05:16:58 am »
IIRC, non-spacefaring have barely no friendly acts available. Are you trying to research a tech with a non-spacefaring race?
No. It actually looks like the tutorial script is inconsistent in a few places and this is one of them. It gets unlocked later, not when it says it would get unlocked.
Currently I can't get trade unlocked. Everyone hates everyone in the galaxy (literally not a single positive relationship with non-hydral) and it does not look like there is a way to improve. There is no even paid "improve relationship with this race" choice on the planets...

I give up, I'll start a full game without tut, but must be frustrating for new players.

Offline Captain Jack

• Hero Member Mark II
  • Just lucky
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 12:40:43 pm »
I think both the Friendly Acts and Black Market are tied to how many races are spacefaring. It all rolls out fairly quickly if you're uplifting races left and right unless the triggers have changed since I last played.

Offline zespri

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 01:50:27 pm »
I think both the Friendly Acts and Black Market are tied to how many races are spacefaring. It all rolls out fairly quickly if you're uplifting races left and right unless the triggers have changed since I last played.
Good to know, this could be the reason.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk