Author Topic: Quick questions / Quick answers  (Read 4373 times)

Offline GC13

• Full Member Mark III
Re: Quick questions / Quick answers
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2014, 05:24:05 pm »
On this last point, what you're saying is that there are buildings which are such that if any two races in the solar system each build one of these buildings, then -- no matter where the races are in the solar system -- the mere existence of this pair of buildings in their respective locations increases the races' influence with each other per month. Is that what you're saying?
There are a bunch of buildings that have various effects, say +.3/month with the Evucks and Boarines, -0.15 with the Burlusts and Thoraxians. Anyone can build these, so that's what I mean when I say a "pair" of buildings: go and use Property Development to get each race to build a building the other likes.
Furthermore, it is my opinion that Hari must be destroyed.

Offline LaGrange

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2014, 05:35:44 pm »
Thanks for your continued help, both of you. So I guess building some special buildings is a small way to increase influence over time, and setting up trade routes (dependent on random moon colonization and doing mining / processing plants) is a larger way to increase influence over time. And beyond that... dispatch missions that wrest the game away from you as you watch helplessly :-)

Offline GC13

• Full Member Mark III
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2014, 05:53:33 pm »
Trade routes aren't nearly as powerful anymore in 1.007. Even if you choose not to upgrade, it's unwise to rely on them since they're not the panacea they used to be.
Furthermore, it is my opinion that Hari must be destroyed.

Offline Histidine

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2014, 10:40:18 am »
Hmm, do pirates seem rather scarce to anyone? In the early alpha they'd quite easily get to 10 bases if I didn't prune them regularly; now I don't think I've ever seen more than three at a time.

Also, do the Ahfaa (as it amuses me to transcribe "AFA") do anything other than make barracks pinatas and occasionally send fleets to try to kill you?

Offline lifehole

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2014, 10:43:49 am »
Hmm, do pirates seem rather scarce to anyone? In the early alpha they'd quite easily get to 10 bases if I didn't prune them regularly; now I don't think I've ever seen more than three at a time.

Also, do the Ahfaa (as it amuses me to transcribe "AFA") do anything other than make barracks pinatas and occasionally send fleets to try to kill you?

Yeah both of these needs expansions tbh. AFA should be more frequent and less rewarding, and pirates should, well, proliferate a bit more. Pirate/smuggler empires would be nice to see every 1/10 games atleast.

Also, no matter how many times I get the "piratical exodus" event on any planet it never seems to actually make any more pirates. Bug?

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2014, 10:58:19 am »
On this last point, what you're saying is that there are buildings which are such that if any two races in the solar system each build one of these buildings, then -- no matter where the races are in the solar system -- the mere existence of this pair of buildings in their respective locations increases the races' influence with each other per month. Is that what you're saying?

No, I believe the buildings work as "the race that builds Building X gets the following relationship changes with each of the races, per the following table..."

Offline LaGrange

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2014, 09:18:30 pm »
Yes, it's me reviving this thread again.

So, "Public Order" mentions the construction rate of "Skirmisher Ships". What are these, and how do they differ from regular ships?

Offline LaGrange

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2014, 01:00:24 pm »
Yes, it's me reviving this thread again.

So, "Public Order" mentions the construction rate of "Skirmisher Ships". What are these, and how do they differ from regular ships?
Well, I found the following from the notes for the Alpha Version .800. It's probably the best answer I'm going to get:

"Retreating from an AFA or Assassin attack now converts the attacking fleet into a skirmisher, so that they don't immediately try to reengage you."

"Planets and Military Outposts now periodically spawn "skirmisher" fleets that behave somewhat like pirates but don't attack allies of their own race."

http://arcengames.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=The_Last_Federation_Alpha_Release_Notes

Offline Burnstreet

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2014, 07:07:11 pm »
What exactly do outposts get me?
I could not see any difference in the time I need to research stuff or build stuff without an outpost vs after having stolen 2 of each from the acutians.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk