Author Topic: Potential change to improve races  (Read 971 times)

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
Potential change to improve races
« on: April 16, 2014, 11:23:33 am »
Just curious, is there a reason why improving relations between races is capped at a total of 50+, rather then having the total bonus of the action being 50? I understand that you don't went to make it easyfor races to cooperate, but the current model is a nerf to latevgame. Considering how many things already are competing for your attention then, I don't know if the cap based on total relation (as opposed to the totAl amount of relation change) is best
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Potential change to improve races
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 11:27:50 am »
In general, some of the federation-creation stuff is based on having very high relations between races.  So you could just grind this and then easily get any races in the federation, one by one.  That top half of the positive area is something that needs to be worked out via other means, or else you have to have a war to exterminate the other side.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 11:34:44 am »
In general, some of the federation-creation stuff is based on having very high relations between races.  So you could just grind this and then easily get any races in the federation, one by one.  That top half of the positive area is something that needs to be worked out via other means, or else you have to have a war to exterminate the other side.

I understand, but it doesn't stop the grinding, it shifts it to early game. Granted, i was very lucky in how  the order of space faring goes, but by the time the 5th race rolled out, i had the triangle for a federation for safety already at the 50 cap. It won't take too much longer at this rate, by.the.tome race 8 comes into play, my 3 race federation will be form
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 11:36:00 am »
Overall as we shift to having more tools to deal with the attitude, I hope to remove any trace of that grind in general.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 12:24:13 pm »
cool, look forward to it :)

by no means do it feel it really detract from the fun. My powering instinct.just noticed that early game is where to take this action, so i felt a little boxed in
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 12:31:43 pm »
I gotcha, makes sense.  It's one of those things that is a bit too powerful if not capped pretty strongly -- and even now, it is tiptoeing on that line, I feel like.  I don't want it to become a "push this to win" button, haha.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk