Author Topic: Observer mode  (Read 947 times)

Offline zespri

• Hero Member Mark III
Observer mode
« on: April 21, 2014, 05:12:29 pm »
So what is the observer mode good for?

I started a game in the observer mode and leaned on the x2 button. In about 20 years two races were dead one founded a fear empire and then went to hiatus (with no progress on any of the graphs). There was another one of similar "power". The three "main" races remained...

Starting from about year 20 there was a huge blob of fleets around a planet (1000 armadas or something). What is interesting the blob did not include the planet owner. It was the two other races killing each other in a steady stream over the planet. The owner of the planet in the meanwhile was growing the population. It could not grow military as apparently any attempts were just killed of by the huge blob.

I watched the thing until about year 100, by that time my PC came to a grinding halt. But the blob was still there. The planet owner by that time managed to acquire two more planets from the lesser races but somehow it did not help the armada production. It was around 6 or something (with the other two races having it in multiple figure number). On the other hand the population of that race was huge. It was not more than the other two races combined but surpassed each of them individually by a margin.

The lesser races were still around without any sign of development.

Does any body else run simulations in observer mode? What do they end up with? I'd like to run some more to see if the outcome is different but it takes so bloody long =)

Offline Azurian

• Space is a beautiful place
Re: Observer mode
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 05:16:07 pm »
With the next patch I will run Observer mode because they fixed the 0 defense / large blob of armada problem.

Do you remember the God Mode of Sim City games where you can summon earthquakes or tornadoes? Imagine of there was a God Mode here to give a race free techs, or spread a disease etc.
PLEASE REPORT FEEDBACK TO MANTIS IF YOU WANT THEM TO SEE IT!
http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/view_all_bug_page.php

Offline zespri

• Hero Member Mark III
Re: Observer mode
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 05:29:39 pm »

Do you remember the God Mode of Sim City games where you can summon earthquakes or tornadoes? Imagine of there was a God Mode here to give a race free techs, or spread a disease etc.

That, or give fast-forward controls in non-observer mode (that would probably be easier to implement). But yes, as you are watching this, you always have a great desire to tweak a few things =)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk