Author Topic: Next version coming on Monday the 12th!  (Read 1765 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Next version coming on Monday the 12th!
« on: May 09, 2014, 07:24:13 pm »
Hey guys,

So you know I generally try to do a new update each weekday, but I think I may start omitting Fridays now that I'm not working weekends the way that I was prior to launch (I was 10-14 hours a day, 7 days a week for a month or so there; Keith was along those lines at one point earlier, too).  Anyway, given that this is Mother's Day weekend and that's a fairly big deal when you have young kids like I do, this is definitely not a weekend for me to release something on Friday and then discover I need to make an emergency patch on Saturday or Sunday.

It's been an interesting couple of days, because I had some other general business stuff to take care of for Arcen, and I also had some more framework stuff to do on both quests and auto-resolve.  I'm really pleased with how those shaped up, though.  I have four new quests (variants of the same thing; see release notes) all ready to go for the next release, and then two other quests that are 95% complete.  With the framework stuff I've done, I should be able to put together more quests quite quickly coming up, too, rather than those six taking me the better part of a day.

Anyhow, just wanted to give you an update so you wouldn't wonder where I was or look for an update that actually isn't coming until after the weekend.  Everything is proceeding really well, but sometimes we do need more than just one day for a given update.  Not too often, but occasionally. :)

Have a great weekend!
Chris
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk