Author Topic: Is that a comet on the solar map? It's kinda wierd!  (Read 1902 times)

Offline andysonofbob

• Newbie Mark II
Is that a comet on the solar map? It's kinda wierd!
« on: April 26, 2014, 01:52:09 pm »
There's something not quite right about that comet...   ;)

Cracking good game though!!!

Offline I-KP

• Caveat Pactor
Re: Is that a comet on the solar map? It's kinda wierd!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 06:55:35 pm »
What, you mean more weird than the planets not orbiting the star as time passes?  ;)

At least it's not a Crusader Kings II comet; everything turns to crud when those things show up.
Atmospheric & Lithospheric Reticulator,
Post-accretion Protoplanet Aesthetic Seeding Team,
Celestial Body Design & Procurement Division,
Magrathea Pan-Galactic Planets Corp.,
Magrathea.

Offline andysonofbob

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 11:58:17 am »
What, you mean more weird than the planets not orbiting the star as time passes?  ;)

Ha!

So, we've got planets in stationary orbit and a comet's tail pointing completely the wrong way; there must be some deep, deep magic going on.

Prolly explains why so many of the planets harbour advanced life forms!  ;D

Offline Frelor

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 12:58:01 pm »
Also the game proves Darwin wrong! Even if you are not suited at all for the environment you still can become the dominant species  on you planet and go to space!

Offline Aklyon

• Core Member
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 02:10:30 pm »
Also the game proves Darwin wrong! Even if you are not suited at all for the environment you still can become the dominant species  on you planet and go to space!
It does however, lean in darwin's favor when you meet your neighbors who grew up on a spectacular planet instead.

Offline GC13

• Full Member Mark III
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2014, 02:42:49 pm »
Who says the races that have those planets as their homeworlds are necessarily indigenous to those worlds? The hydrals ruled for a long time, after all, and didn't get to the top of the heap by being the nicest chaps in the system.
Furthermore, it is my opinion that Hari must be destroyed.

Offline Frelor

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2014, 04:45:39 pm »
Who says the races that have those planets as their homeworlds are necessarily indigenous to those worlds? The hydrals ruled for a long time, after all, and didn't get to the top of the heap by being the nicest chaps in the system.

They have no space faring technology and I doubt the Hydrals had a huge colonization programm for aliens in the past.

Offline Darthcaboose

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2014, 02:17:01 am »

At least it's not a Crusader Kings II comet; everything turns to crud when those things show up.

Every time one of those shows up in a Paradox game, things just get a little less... stable.

Offline Histidine

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2014, 09:09:57 am »
9 sapient species all evolving in the same solar system at the same time (especially on planets where any kind of complex life is exceedingly improbable, like gas giants) is simply too big of a coincidence. MY view is that some external group dumped them there for one reason or another (like !!SCIENCE!!) and the Hydrals were the first to make it (back?) into space. And proceeded to make sure no-one else ever caught up.

Offline GC13

• Full Member Mark III
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2014, 10:05:11 am »
You know, every time I see this thread title I think of the Mass Effect 2 fan song "Those Minerals". Weird, huh?
Furthermore, it is my opinion that Hari must be destroyed.

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2014, 10:25:53 am »
Has anyone else read Well World?  It's actually a planet that has 1560 intelligent species on it...although admittedly artificially constructed and maintained.

Offline topper

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2014, 10:45:18 am »
9 sapient species all evolving in the same solar system at the same time (especially on planets where any kind of complex life is exceedingly improbable, like gas giants) is simply too big of a coincidence. MY view is that some external group dumped them there for one reason or another (like !!SCIENCE!!) and the Hydrals were the first to make it (back?) into space. And proceeded to make sure no-one else ever caught up.

The solar system was set up as a zoo by the AI from AI War to preserve different forms of intelligent life. Except then the AI got distracted by those pesky humans...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk