Author Topic: Intro Story Video For TLF  (Read 38466 times)

Offline PokerChen

• Hero Member Mark III
Re: Intro Story Video For TLF
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2014, 02:53:01 pm »
I'm rather curious as to how the Acutians managed to strap rockets to the moons without any of the Hydrals realising it. Their aggressive capitalism must come with some serious security measures to hide their intentions.

Now that it's been done once, I'm guessing that the races would be watching out for any repeats.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2014, 03:01:51 pm »
Yep, people watch for it, but it still happens.  Just yesterday the Evucks were repeatedly threatening to blow up their world, while the Acutians were repeatedly starting a planetcracker project and then backing off.  Finally the Evucks got pushed too far and two planets went out.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline wyvern83

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2014, 07:08:16 pm »
Yep, people watch for it, but it still happens.  Just yesterday the Evucks were repeatedly threatening to blow up their world, while the Acutians were repeatedly starting a planetcracker project and then backing off.  Finally the Evucks got pushed too far and two planets went out.

This really makes me want to play this game. I'm glad your making it as the whole game within a simulation idea is a great and fascinating concept, especially with how you have it set up in this one. I'm looking forward to it being released.

Offline Histidine

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2014, 09:47:45 am »
It just occurred to me that "Weak, like animals" would be an awesome taunt for AI War.

Offline khadgar

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2014, 05:47:00 pm »
Is this eventually going in the game?  8) Just wondering.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2014, 07:40:52 pm »
I do want it to!  I didn't have time to code in the movie playback functionality, though, which is new to us for the engine.  I really want that capability in general, though.  My current goal would be to make this video kind of a "log entry" that you could crack open when you go to the hydral planet.  Originally I wanted this to start playing when you first start the game, but the video is so long that would be kind of interminable.  Finding it as a "bonus" sort of a feature is a lot more fun, rather than it being a chore, I think.

For those wondering, khadgar (Jeff) is the voice actor playing the Hydral. :)

And, if you're curious, Ally Mack is who plays the computer in the game.  This is her youtube channel (I'm quite a fan): http://www.youtube.com/user/ASMRrequests
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline doctorfrog

« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2014, 07:51:53 pm »
Going after the ASMR demographic, are we?

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2014, 07:58:19 pm »
Going after the ASMR demographic, are we?

I doubt that the bulk of them would be terribly interested in the sorts of things that Arcen makes, haha.  But I'm a fan of Ally's work in general, and from one of her outtakes videos I thought "she'd make an awesome funny computer character."  So I got in touch.  Basically the same thing that happened with Nick Trujillo.  I saw him on Strip Search, thought "boy I bet he'd do an awesome comic for Skyward Collapse," and got in touch.

Anyway, I use ASMR videos heavily -- almost ever night to get to sleep, really.  So it just happened to intersect.

Offline UnfriendlyBG

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2014, 06:28:24 pm »
I'm way late but I agree this needs to be in the game albeit really low priority.  Its well done and sets up the story a lot better than what is currently in there.  The hidden entry is a cool idea but honestly I think it would be much better used as an opening to the tutorial.  I played a whole campaign and pretty much immediately wrote the story off as nonsensical.  Then I saw this vid and I was like ohhhhhhhh.  I liked it so much I put it at the front of the playlist for my let's play.

Offline topper

« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2014, 09:54:55 pm »
Seems like the basics of the video could be implemented as a timed slideshow+audio without needing to implement full video.

Offline Georgeot

Intro Story Video For TLF
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2015, 06:36:08 am »
hey I'm trying to learn the intro to Sea Ghost on recorder but its killing me, anyone have a good "how to" video, or just a video clip of someone playing it?

thxthxhthxtxht

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk