Author Topic: Intro Story Video For TLF  (Read 38476 times)

Offline Teal_Blue

• Hero Member Mark II
Re: Intro Story Video For TLF
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2014, 10:34:40 am »
Wow!  Totally Awesome!!   :)  You all are doing a fantastic job, looking forward to seeing how it plays.

-Teal

Offline Walter Sullivan

• Newbie Mark II
  • Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2014, 11:04:30 am »
I really liked this intro, good job! The art and the voice are very good indeed, and the story itself is pretty cool.

thanks! as a suggestion, you could think about adding subtitles to video for release, if not 100% final

I would like to second that. While most of the time I could understand what was being said, there were some words that I had to see on the transcript to understand, because english isn't my first language :P
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed" - The Dark Tower

Offline mrhanman

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2014, 11:20:03 am »
I know it's nitpicking, but wouldn't they have seen the moon coming and have been able to evacuate at least some of the populace?

Anyway, it's an incredible visual!

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2014, 11:24:25 am »
I really liked this intro, good job! The art and the voice are very good indeed, and the story itself is pretty cool.

thanks! as a suggestion, you could think about adding subtitles to video for release, if not 100% final

I would like to second that. While most of the time I could understand what was being said, there were some words that I had to see on the transcript to understand, because english isn't my first language :P

I've added closed captioning in English to the video -- should help quite a bit if you opt to turn it on!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2014, 11:24:49 am »
I know it's nitpicking, but wouldn't they have seen the moon coming and have been able to evacuate at least some of the populace?

Anyway, it's an incredible visual!

These are really awesome rockets. ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline mrhanman

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2014, 11:38:06 am »
Yeah, I guess they'd HAVE to be!  8)

Offline echo2361

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2014, 11:40:15 am »
Nicely done intro movie! I got chills at the end when the Hydral was talking about leaving a legacy to stand the test of time.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2014, 11:43:06 am »
Sweet. :D

A lot of people have told me that about the chills on that line.  I wrote it, and I still do, too, which is really unusual for something I wrote.  Jeff's delivery is just awesome, and Pablo timed the music absolutely perfectly. :)

Offline Cyborg

• Master Member Mark III
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2014, 06:23:09 pm »
But if you're feeling vengeful, it's certainly possible to engineer the death of almost any race, or even all of them except one, etc.

Yes, only the Acutians will be allowed to survive.
Kahuna strategy guide:
http://www.arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,13369.0.html

Suggestions, bugs? Don't be lazy, give back:
http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/

Planetcracker. Believe it.

The stigma of hunger. http://wayw.re/Vi12BK

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2014, 07:07:32 pm »
But if you're feeling vengeful, it's certainly possible to engineer the death of almost any race, or even all of them except one, etc.

Yes, only the Acutians will be allowed to survive.

That will be very difficult to achieve and still win the game, but it can be done.  There will be an achievement for doing just that, too. :)

Offline PokerChen

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2014, 02:30:21 am »
A Federation of just one race and still win the game?

That's actually a little surprising. :P

Offline Teal_Blue

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2014, 07:12:57 am »
I think in order to pull off the 'one race win', you have to like get rid of all the others, not simple, but i think that is how chris said it plays out with one. 

Offline tigersfan

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2014, 07:14:29 am »
I think in order to pull off the 'one race win', you have to like get rid of all the others, not simple, but i think that is how chris said it plays out with one.

Yep, that's about how it works... but... good luck trying it and not getting yourself wiped out in the process....

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2014, 08:31:20 am »

Yep, that's about how it works... but... good luck trying it and not getting yourself wiped out in the process....

Yep, exactly.  And it's not like "you" can just directly do whatever.  None of your direct actions can destroy a race.  So you have to engineer one race killing the last of all the others, but not you, while already being in the federation, to win.  You can't form a one-race federation, either; so all the allies of the race who WERE in the federation have to have already been killed, too.  So that's doubly hard, because races in the federation will support one another.  That means that your target race has to have been fighting a foe who was superior enough to overcome the entire federation EXCEPT that race, and then that race turned things around and won.

Of course, your hand would be evident in that from start to finish, but still. :)

Offline Cyborg

• Master Member Mark III
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2014, 06:57:50 pm »
That's what I plan on doing. Long live the cyborgs.
Kahuna strategy guide:
http://www.arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,13369.0.html

Suggestions, bugs? Don't be lazy, give back:
http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/

Planetcracker. Believe it.

The stigma of hunger. http://wayw.re/Vi12BK

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk