Author Topic: Incorrect game over?  (Read 1290 times)

Offline archao999

Incorrect game over?
« on: April 25, 2014, 04:30:07 am »
Is there like a time limit or something? So I had 4 races left, skylaxians, Arcturans, Eekui...uh...the other ones who used science to kill the hydrals, and the Andorans (who I keep calling the andorians). The Skylaxians loved me, the E...uh, the dark blue people liked me pretty well, at a 57 influence. The andorans were neutral, and the Arcturans HATED me. So everyone was at war with the arcturans, going decently well, and the skylaxians and the E people didn't really like the andorans and were probably going to blow them up after the arcturans were done. Oh, and I couldn't get influence with anyone because of the Fear Empire bug (the arcturans had a fear empire), but I already got the influence I wanted, save for the andorans. My plan was to let the bond of battle raise the skylaxian and E's opinion of each other (I couldn't figure out how to force it above 50, it just kinda seemed to creep up there), until it was at 90, and then put them in a federation, and see if I can get the andorians in there too, but theres the federation (I had trouble getting it until now, because I had no way of improving attitudes). I almost started the fed. with E's and Thoraxians, since for some reason the thoraxians respect of the Es jumped up to like 200 out of the blue, but the Thoraxians were about to be killed by the Arcturans. But then, I was helping the skylaxians colonize the moon, when out of the blue, game over. It says "the other races were fine with teamwork they just didn't like your team" blah blah "nonfed alliances" blah blah "hunted down and killed". Now I don't know why or how this happened. The only race that didn't like me was arcturans and everyone hated them and they were losing the solar war. Why would the other races want to kill be? I was idolized by the skylaxians, and liked by the Es, why would they want me dead? I reloaded the save, same thing, same time. I'm not really sure why I'm getting it then, nothing's really changing majorly on the map at that time.

Anyway, I'm sad that all my work was defeated by what I view as a BS game over, but the game has some bugs to work out still, so what I gonna do? Oh, also, I can't seem to find any way to see how the races can build their super weapon, like the skylaxian's cyber-thing facility. I didn't even know it existed until I saw the detailed planet view.

Other than that, until I got to the bugs, the game was really fun and captivating. I'm sorry to see my game end on such a bad note, but I will start a new campaign after a while, maybe after a lot of the bugs get ironed out.

Offline SuperCactus

• Newbie Mark II
Re: Incorrect game over?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 05:32:40 am »
There's no time limit, at least none that I'm aware of. Maybe the remaining races formed a non federation alliance, so you ended up having on one side the arcutian fear empire and on the other side another coalition, with no federation existing in the system you had no way to win anymore resulting in a game over. Either that or a bug.

Offline archao999

Re: Incorrect game over?
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 03:31:37 pm »
see, but there's no way for me to actually see. I doubt there would have been another alliance formed, at least with everyone, since everyone also hated the andors.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk