Author Topic: Idea: Unlockable Planetary Information  (Read 2247 times)

Offline kamikazi1231

Idea: Unlockable Planetary Information
« on: May 19, 2014, 10:20:32 am »
There is constant discussion revolving around most people wanting as much information as possible in the game as to what is going on on each planet, why each race is doing an action, and other things.    While I'm all for that I also feel like a bit of the game should revolve around mystery since we are mostly an influence on the solar system rather than a major power now.  I find it a bit strange that we would escape prison in a stolen ship along with being a member of the former oppressors of the solar system, and suddenly have access to most key planetary information.

I would like to gauge interest on unlockable planetary information.  It could come in many forms such as the informant system and possibly being able to hire different tiers of quality informants to unlock information quicker.  Investing in planetary projects would unlock higher tiers of economic information while helping with fleets or even taking place in battles(both for or against the planet you're orbiting) would unlock military information.  If we didn't want it that complex it could be simply along the lines of the more you interact with a planet or race the more you learn over time.  Possibly give us the ability to launch spy probes of our own like the ones we shoot down.

If this has already been discussed I apologize.  The idea came to me while working a twelve hour boring shift at my hospital last night.

Offline Teal_Blue

• Hero Member Mark II
Re: Idea: Unlockable Planetary Information
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 06:37:30 pm »
Sounds like an interesting idea. I like the idea of more info, and certainly things we 'can do' to affect events. Having it all revealed in layers sounds perfectly acceptable, maybe even fun.  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk