Author Topic: will my laptop run it?  (Read 975 times)

Offline Thumpy

• Newbie Mark III
will my laptop run it?
« on: April 29, 2014, 04:28:36 pm »
I'm really just one click away from purchasing this, but AI war really performs poorly on my laptop in end-game I was wondering how CPU intensive this game is compared to AI war.

I have a Pentium Dual Core T4300 2,1 GHZ
4GB RAM and a dedicated Nvidia video card

I know this isn't a gaming laptop by a long stretch, but maybe it can run this game. Anyone has experiences with a similar setup?
Eventually I will purchase this (If just to support my favourite game developer), but I'm quite excited for it and would rather play now and not wait until i get my Gaming PC back :)

Offline GC13

• Full Member Mark III
Re: will my laptop run it?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 04:35:26 pm »
Well, you're below the minimum requirement for the CPU (whereas you're well above it for AI War). I wouldn't recommend trying to run TLF on a computer with such an old processor, even though it has been somewhat optimized recently.
Furthermore, it is my opinion that Hari must be destroyed.

Offline Thumpy

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 04:36:35 pm »
ok, thanks for the info :)

Offline jonasan

• Jr. Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 05:01:33 pm »
well, i have one of these:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Acer-Aspire-5810TG-734G64Mn.34600.0.html

which has this processor:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Core-2-Duo-SU7300-Notebook-Processor.33844.0.html

which does not score as well as yours on most of the benchmarks you can see on these pages... assuming this is yours:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Pentium-Dual-Core-T4300-Notebook-Processor.24436.0.html

my machine has 4 gb ram, like yours, and a 512 mb mobility radeon card (4330)....

and all of this is running linux, with the ancient legacy driver for the graphics chip (which gives much worse performance than the windows alternative)...

and i can run the game just fine! I don't think you would have any problems ... but i can't be certain ;)

but maybe checking against the specs of mine you can get a better idea...

the very late game makes my system stutter a bit at 2x speed... but after the recent performance updates things haven't been nearly as bad... and it only really chuggs with a hugely populated system with an epic scale war happening on 2x speed. fast forward is always fine, and normal is plain sailing whatever state the game is at.

hope that helps :)

Offline lifehole

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 05:06:07 pm »
Yeah, this game is NOT cpu intensive at all, especially after the patch. I have a core duo, pretty old stuff, and it runs fine.

Offline Thumpy

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2014, 05:28:42 pm »
thanks jonasan and lifehole. I will just purchase it now.. will let you know how it performs :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk